Synopses & Reviews
The Ultimate HTML Resource!
Inside, you'll find out how to:
- Master simple to complex Web page design using step-by-step tutorials
- Get the facts on WebTV, Netscape Navigator, and Internet Explorer
- Build client interactivity easily with Dynamic HTML (DHTML)
- Describe, deliver, and exchange structured data between multiple applications with Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Control color, font, and layout with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), TGI, and Cold Fusion
- Use forms and the advanced scripting potential of Active Server Pages (ASP) to create complete applications that work on the Web
- Maximize your productivity with a 400-page reference section including HTML tags, color/HEX values, color names, fonts, and style sheets
Table of Contents
Part I: Introduction.
Chapter 1: Introduction to HTML and XHTML.
Chapter 2: Web Development Overview
Part II: Core HTML.
Chapter 3: Core Elements.
Chapter 4: Links and Addressing
Part III: Presentation and Layout.
Chapter 5: HTML and Images.
Chapter 6: Basic Layout: Text, Colors, and Backgrounds.
Chapter 7: Layout with Tables.
Chapter 8: HTML and Multimedia.
Chapter 9: HTML and Multimedia.
Chapter 10: Stylesheets.
Part IV: Programming and HTML.
Chapter 11: Basic Interactivity and HTML: Forms.
Chapter 12: Introduction to Server-Side Programming.
Chapter 14: Client-Side Programming: Plug-ins, ActiveX, and Java.
Part V: Site Delivery and Management.
Chapter 15: Site Delivery.
Chapter 16: Site Management.
Part VI: Advanced Optics.
Chapter 17: XML: Beyond HTML.
Chapter 18: Future Directions.
A: HTML Element Reference.
B: Style Sheet Reference.
C: Special Characters.
E: Color Reference.