Synopses & Reviews
Each informative recipe includes sample code and a detailed discussion on why and how the solution works. Perfect for intermediate to advanced web and mobile web developers, this handy book lets you choose the HTML5 features that work for you—and helps you experiment with the rest.
- Test browsers for HTML5 support, and use techniques for applying unsupported features
- Discover how HTML5 makes web form implementation much simpler
- Overcome challenges for implementing native audio and video elements
- Learn techniques for using HTML5 with ARIA accessibility guidelines
- Explore examples that cover using geolocation data in your applications
- Draw images, use transparencies, add gradients and patterns, and more with Canvas
With more than 100 practical tips and techniques that you can use in your projects right away, the HTML Cookbook helps you experience HTML5's versatility firsthand.
Each informative recipe includes a code solution, along with a detailed discussion into why and how it works. And each chapter has an example design to showcase the topics presented. This handy book is perfect for intermediate to advanced web and mobile web developers ready to take advantage of HTML5 immediately, with recipes on the following topics:
- Basic web syntax
- Progressive HTML5 markup techniques
- Web forms
- Audio and video
About the Author
Christopher Schmitt has been working on the Web since 1993. He is the principal of Heatvision.com, Inc., a new media design firm, and resides in Orlando, Florida. Christopher speaks frequently about web design at conferences including South by Southwest Interactive and Web Design World. His books include "Designing CSS Web Pages" (New Riders), "Professional CSS: Cascading Style Sheets for Web Design" (Wrox), and "CSS Cookbook" (O'Reilly).
Table of Contents