Synopses & Reviews
In response to the changing facts of human geography and to changing understandings of those facts, this edition is changed from the fifth edition in three substantive ways. First, there is much new content, most notably the addition of two more chapters on aspects of urban geography. Second, there is an increased emphasis on providing information for students in easily readable ways, especially though the addition of 53 new Figures, 26 new Tables, 35 new Boxes, and 45 new Glossary items. Third, much of the detailed factual content in this sixth edition is new.
Table of Contents
1. What is Human Geography?
2. Studying Human Geography
3. A Fragile Home
4. A Crowded Home?
5. An Unequal Home
6. Cultural Identities and Landacapes
7. Social Identities and Landacapes
8. Political Identities and Landacapes
9. A Globalizing World
10. Agricultural Lives and Landscapes
11. Settlement Patterns
12. Urban Form and Governance
13. Living and Working in Cities
14. Industrial Lives and Landscapes
Appendix 1: Global Physical Geography
Appendix 2: The Evolution of Life