Synopses & Reviews
A unique learning experience geared to the way children learn best
The biggest hurdle young children face when learning a new language is stringing words together into coherent sentences. Developmental psychologist and veteran language teacher Maurice Hazan has created an ingenious new way to help kids over that hurdle. The I Can Read and Speak series makes learning fun with an exciting combination of dramatic action pictures, sounds, symbols, and learning activities including flash cards and stickers.
Kids are introduced to 60 new words that are used in simple illustrated stories. Learning activities at the end of each story encourage kids to re-create the sentences and create new sentences of their own, using specially designed flash-card symbols. Each book includes:
- A colorful storybook illustrated with photographs
- Lively storybook narration (on CD) for proper pronunciation
- Flash cards and stickers to encourage sentence and story creation
- Tips for parents on how to adapt the material to their childs learning style
Kids learn to read and speakimmediately!
The biggest hurdle kids face when learning Spanish is stringing together individual words and phrases to make complete sentences. Now I Can Read and Speak Spanish gets children, ages four to nine not only reading and understanding complete sentences in Spanish but creating their ownfrom the very first lesson!
An exciting combination of dramatic action, pictures, sounds, symbols, and learning activities, I Can Read and Speak Spanish is a unique learning experience that makes getting the hang of Spanish fun and easy with:
- Colorfully illustrated stories that introduce kids to fifty new words
- Activities to help kids recreate story sentences and make new ones of their own
- Flash cards and stickers that make sentence and story creation fun and easy
- Lively storybook narration (on audio CD) that provides correct pronunciations and step-by-step guidance that lets kids work with little or no help from a grownup
About the Author
Maurice Hazan has been teaching languages in St. Louis for more than a decade. He developed the Symtalk method, featured in this book and used in schools across the country, based on his teaching experiences and his studies in developmental psychology.