Synopses & Reviews
- Best Information
- Best Resources
- Best Photos
- The Best Advice to Select and Care For Your Iguana
With ""The Iguana: An Owner's Guide to a Happy Healthy Pet"" you will discover easy ways to provide the very best in care for your iguana.
A reptile expert and an author offer straightforward advice so that you can create a thriving environment for your new family member.
The Iguana offers:
- Completely up-to-date resources, including top Web sites of interest to iguana owners
- Information on how to choose the right iguana for you
- Ways to make lizard-keeping an enjoyable, educational experience for you and your family
- An exploration of appropriate iguana housing, diets, and healthcare
- Full-color photographs of iguanas from hatchling to adult
Giving pet owners the information they need to take the best possible care of their pets.
At last, a book about this special lizard that emphasizes total care and companionship! You'll not only learn about specific traits of your iguana, like its needs for light and heat, you'll learn what the world's like from your pet's perspective. Best of all, the book is filled with color photos, info-packed sidebars and fun facts to make caring for your pet easy and enjoyable.
About the Author
Karen Rosenthal, DVM, is a veterinarian at the Animal Medical Center in New York. She specializes in exotic animals.
Carlo De Vito is the author of numerous pet books, including The Goldfish: An Owner's Guide to a Happy Healthy Pet.
Table of Contents
PART ONE: Welcome to the World of the Iguana.
1. What Is an Iguana?
2. The World According to the Iguana.
3. Choosing Your Iguana.
PART TWO: Living with an Iguana.
4. Bringing Your Iguana Home.
5. Feeding Your Iguana.
6. Grooming Your Iguana.
7. Your Iguana's Health.
8. Handling Your Iguana.
9. Iguanas in the World.
PART THREE: Beyond the Basics.
10. Complete Listing of Iguanas.
11. Glossary of Iguana Terms.