Synopses & Reviews
Learn the art of organizing your life so you're in control
Improve your Time Management helps you discover what you do that wastes time and tells you how to eliminate those time drainers. It explains how to plan your life better so that you deal with important activities and tasks at the most appropriate times. It tackles time-wasting activities such as paperwork, phone calls and meetings. And just to make sure that you aren't the only person in the office working at optimum efficiency, it explains how to instill good time management practices in your staff.
- One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started.
- Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the authors many years of experience.
- Tests in the book and online to keep track of your progress.
- Extra online articles at www.teachyourself.com to you a richer understanding of time management.
- Helps you to reduce stress and improve your work-life balance.
- Straightforward, jargon-free text demystifies time management and puts you back in charge of your time.
- Unique in offering advice on training staff to maximize your time too.
Choose your personal priorities' How much time have you got?; Plan your time; Using transition time; Conquer procrastination; learn to say no; Reduce paperwork; Subdue your phone; Master your meetings; The art of delegating; Deal with information overload; Time management training; Taking it further
About the Author
Polly Bird is a prolific professional writer of business books, specialising in time management.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. CHOOSE YOUR PERSONAL PRIORITIES;
Chapter 2. HOW MUCH TIME HAVE YOU GOT?; Chapter 3. PLAN YOUR TIME;
Chapter 4. USING TRANSITION TIME; Chapter 5. CONQUER PROCRASTINATION;
Chapter 6. LEARN TO SAY 'NO'; Chapter 7. REDUCE PAPERWORK;
Chapter 8. SUBDUE YOUR PHONE; Chapter 9. MASTER YOUR MEETINGS;
Chapter 10. THE ART OF DELEGATING; Chapter 11. DEAL WITH INFORMATION OVERLOAD;
Chapter 12. TIME MANAGEMENT TRAINING; Chapter 13. TAKING IT FURTHER;
Chapter 14. GLOSSARY