Synopses & Reviews
Years of experience as a magician taught Tim David that real magic is all about words, and the way they influence the minds of the audience. What sets a professional magician apart from an amateur are people skills like communication, influence, and engagementskills that are also effective in the workplace. By applying seven magic” words in a business setting, David offers tools for effective and persuasive communication.
You will learn:
- The secret word that Harvard psychologists discovered is the key to unlocking human motivation
- How one very special word (spoken only inside your mind) mysteriously has a profound positive impact on those around you
- The number one mistake that managers make during 1-on-1s, and the one simple word that can fix it all
- What Dale Carnegie dubs the sweetest sound in any language”
- How one tiny word can instantly change someones mind for the better
- The single word that an in-depth study of thousands of hours of call center recordings revealed as the quickest way to reduce differences and calm people down
- How the infamous But Eraser” works and why so many people mess it up
- The REAL magic behind the word thanks”
The seven words:
Magic Word #1 Because
Magic Word #2 "Name"
Magic Word #3 If
Magic Word #4 - But
Magic Word #5 - Absolutely
Magic Word #6 - Thanks
Magic Word #7 - Help
, the classic book on persuasion, explains the psychology of why people say "yes"—and how to apply these understandings. Dr. Robert Cialdini is the seminal expert in the rapidly expanding field of influence and persuasion. His thirty-five years of rigorous, evidence-based research along with a three-year program of study on what moves people to change behavior has resulted in this highly acclaimed book.
You'll learn the six universal principles, how to use them to become a skilled persuader—and how to defend yourself against them. Perfect for people in all walks of life, the principles of Influence will move you toward profound personal change and act as a driving force for your success.
About the Author
was a professional magician for eight years; giving more than 300 live performances per year. In 2011 he was named the Top Mentalist in North America”. (Mentalism is a branch of magic that relies heavily on psychology.)
Hes consulted for Discoverys Brain Games, ABCs Whodunnit?, Showtimes Bulls**t with Penn and Teller, and a forthcoming magic series on A&E. He continues to practice and teach magic to thousands of magicians in over 70 countries around the world.
Since 2005, entrepreneurs and business professionals have been coming to Tim for his keen insights into how to influence the perceptions and actions of others. He now presents more than 100 full-day management training seminars each year in addition to his home-study courses, audio programs, ebooks, and online training programs.
Hes a psychology nerd, a neuroscience addict, and an all-around serious student of the mind and brain. More importantly, hes adept at translating the latest techno-babble into entertaining text that provides usable, practical tips for the real world.
His clients include 3M, Bayer, Verizon, Citizen's Bank, Burger King, Hyundai, and W.B. Mason among many others.