Synopses & Reviews
Compelling both as a reader and reference work, Leonard Roy Frank's Influencing Minds
assembles concentrated granules of commentary on that most delicate project the shaping of the human mind.
- "We should not think of conversion as the acceptance of a particular creed, but as a change of heart." Helen Keller
- "How many ideas have there been in the history of man which were unthinkable ten years before they appeared?" Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- "Persuasion deals in the coin of self-interest." Richard E. Neustadt
- "The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." Robert M. Pirsig
- Propaganda...becomes at last more credible to its disseminators than to its targets." Garry Wills
- "To transform the world and society, we must first and foremost transform ourselves." Ho Chi Minh
About the Author
Frank is an aphorist and editor of The History of Shock Treatment.