Synopses & Reviews
The Straight-Talking Students Guide to the Best Colleges
For more than thirty-five years, The Insiders Guide to the Colleges has been the favorite resource of high school students across the country because it is the only comprehensive college reference written and researched by students for students.
In interviews with hundreds of peers on campuses from New York to Hawaii and Florida to Alaska, our writers have gotten the inside scoop on every school on topics ranging from professors and campus life to dorms and student activities.
This thirty-sixth edition has been completely revised and updated to stay on top of campus trends and attitudes. Each school profile in The Insiders Guide cuts through the veneer of brochures and common stereotypes to reveal colleges as theyre seen through the eyes of their students.
This comprehensive guide includes:
- Revealing profiles of more than 330 top schools in the United States and Canada
- Essential statistics for every school, from acceptance rates to the most popular majors
- An insiders packing list detailing what every college student really needs to bring
- A college quiz that helps students find the type of school that is right for them
- FYI sections with candid student opinions and outrageous advice
Student journalists at "The Yale Daily News" have interviewed fellow students at more than 320 colleges to compile detailed profiles on each one, going past admissions requirements and student-faculty ratios to get to the things that matter most to students.
About the Author
The Yale Daily News is produced by undergraduate students at Yale University. It is based in New Haven, Connecticut.