Synopses & Reviews
A total guide to developing and fine-tuning the graphic presentation skills needed to succeed as an interior design professional
The first and only comprehensive guide to visual presentation written specifically for interior designers, this book is an indispensable resource for students and seasoned professionals alike. It covers all of the key phases of the interior design process, working through the presentation methods appropriate for every step along the way. From drawing orthographic projections to presenting materials and finishes, Interior Design Visual Presentation will help designers to master the media, materials, tools, and techniques essential for creating professional-quality design graphics, models, and presentations.
A complete, how-to guide to traditional, new, and emerging interior design visual presentation media and methods, this book:
* Offers step-by-step instructions on how to execute effective drawings, renderings, models, and presentations
* Follows a logical, skill-building format corresponding to the different stages of the interior design process
* Provides instruction in visual presentation and communication as required by FIDER guidelines
* Features examples of an array of presentation types and styles from leading national design firms
* Includes expert advice and guidance on how to build an effective portfolio and create a winning resume
Interior Design is the planning, layout, and design of the interior spaces within buildings. The visual illustrations used in developing these interiors differ from architectural illustrations by emphasizing the aesthetic and functional aspects of a space rather than the structural and engineered aspects.
About the Author
MAUREEN MITTON, MA, is an assistant professor in the Department of Art and Design at the University of Wisconsin-Stout. She is a certified interior designer, is NCIDQ qualified, and is a member of IIDA, IDEC, and CID.
Table of Contents
The Design Process and Related Graphics.
Paraline and Perspective Drawings.
Drawing and Sketching Interior Environments.
Presenting Materials and Finishes.
Portfolios and Resumes.