Synopses & Reviews
Get the definitive reference for deploying, managing, and supporting Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0. This official Microsoft RESOURCE KIT provides comprehensive information and resources from Microsoft IIS Team experts who know the technology best. IIS, a service within the Windows Server 2008 operating system, enables users to easily host and manage Web sites, create Web-based business applications, and extend file, print, media, and communication services to the Web. This RESOURCE KIT provides everything you need to know about IIS architecture, migrating servers and applications, capacity planning, performance monitoring, security features, top administration and troubleshooting scenarios, and IIS best practices. You also get an essential toolkit of resources on CD, including scripts, job aids, and a fully searchable eBook.
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
Provides information on the deployment and management of IIS 7.0, with instructions for administrative tasks, security enhancements, migration strategies, and troubleshooting.
About the Author
Mike Volodarksy is a program manager for Microsoft IIS 7.0, leading the team that redesigned and built the core Web server engine, extensibility platform, and other features.
Olga M. Londer, MCSE and MCT, is a technology evangelist for Microsoft Corporation and has served as a technical lead on numerous projects for blue-chip clients. Before joining Microsoft, Olga was a Microsoft MVP, and she has been involved with Web development, authoring, and infrastructure since 1992. Olga is a coauthor of Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies Resource Kit among other books, and she is a frequent speaker at conferences such as Tech-Ed, VSLive!, DevWeek, and IT Forum.
Carlos Aguilar Mares is a Microsoft senior development lead for IIS administration tools.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introducing IIS 7.0
- Chapter 2: Understanding IIS 7.0 Architecture
- Chapter 3: Understanding the Modular Foundation
- Chapter 4: Understanding the Configuration System
- Chapter 5: Installing IIS 7.0
- Chapter 6: Using IIS Manager
- Chapter 7: Using Command Line Tools
- Chapter 8: Remote Administration
- Chapter 9: Managing Web Sites
- Chapter 10: Managing Applications and Application Pools
- Chapter 11: Hosting Application Development Frameworks
- Chapter 12: Managing Web Server Modules
- Chapter 13: Managing Configuration and User Interface Extensions
- Chapter 14: Implementing Security Strategies
Troubleshooting and Performance
- Chapter 15: Logging
- Chapter 16: Tracing and Troubleshooting
- Chapter 17: Performance and Tuning
- IIS 7.0 HTTP Status Codes
- IIS 7.0 Error Messages
- IIS 7.0 Modules Listing
- Modules Sequence
- IIS 7.0 Default Settings and Time-Outs/Thresholds
- IIS 7.0 and 64-Bit Windows
- IIS Manager Features to Configuration References
- IIS 6.0 Metabase Mapping to IIS 7.0
- IIS 7.0 Shared Hosting
- Common Administrative Tasks Using IIS Manager
About the AuthorsSystem Requirements