Synopses & Reviews
Tunnelling provides a robust solution to a variety of engineering challenges. It is a complex process, which requires a firm understanding of the ground conditions as well as structural issues. This book covers the whole range of areas which you need to know in order to embark upon a career in tunnelling. It also includes a number of case studies of real tunnel projects, to demonstrate how the theory applies in practice.
The coverage includes:
- both hard rock and soft ground conditions
- site investigation, parameter selection and design considerations
- methods of improving the stability of the ground and lining techniques
- descriptions of the various tunnelling techniques
- health and safety considerations
- monitoring of tunnels during construction.
Clear, concise and heavily illustrated, this is a vital text for final year undergraduate and MSc students and an invaluable starting point for young professionals.