Synopses & Reviews
Ready to build stunning apps for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch? This cookbook completely rewritten with all-new material provides 90 proven solutions for tackling the latest features in iOS 9 and watchOS 2.0. Written exclusively in Apple s Swift language, these code-rich recipes show you how to use dynamic user interfaces, interactive maps, multitasking functionality, Apple s new UI Testing framework, and many other features.
This cookbook is ideal for intermediate and advanced iOS developers looking to work with the newest versions of Apple s mobile operating systems. Each recipe includes reusable code, available on GitHub, that you can put to work right away.
- Work with new features in Swift 2, Xcode 7, and Interface Builder
- Build standalone apps for Apple Watch
- Create vibrant user interfaces with new UIKit features
- Use Swift to connect with the iOS contacts database
- Block ads or obtrusive content with Safari Content Blockers
- Make your app content searchable with Spotlight APIs
- Add Picture in Picture playback functionality to iPad apps
- Take advantage of MapKit and Core Location updates
- Use Apple s new UI Testing framework
- Liven up your UI with gravity and turbulence fields