Synopses & Reviews
- iPad Basics
- Just for Fun
- iPad on the Go
- Getting Productive with iWork
- Using iPad to Get Organized
From having fun to getting work done to finding out who won, your iPad does it all!
The iPad can do just about anything you need, and with this all-new edition of iPad All-in-One For Dummies, you can too! Organize your life with Calendar, stay connected with e-mail and the web, do some work wherever you are, and, of course, listen to music, watch videos, play games, read books, and much more.
- What’s new? — navigate the multitouch interface, use the built-in apps, and see what new things iPad can do for you
- Entertainment to go — discover the full array of apps and enjoy iTunes radio, movies, photos, TV shows, and social media
- Get to work — take advantage of iWork productivity tools, FaceTime® video calling, turn-by-turn directions with Maps, and AirDrop® file sharing when it’s time to get down to business
- Stay connected — hit the road and get connected, find places to go and people to see with Siri®, and keep your iPad safe and happy
- Organization is key — manage and print files, take notes, keep your schedule up to date, set Reminders, and sync with iCloud
Open the book and find:
- Help choosing the right iPad for you
- How to find and buy movies, music, apps, and books
- Advice on shooting, editing, and sharing photos and HD videos
- Details on maintaining and troubleshooting your iPad
- Information on using Control Center
- A guide to using your iPad to surf the Internet
- How to connect with Wi-Fi
- What Siri can do for you
For iPad users who want more information than the basics of the iPad, iPad All-in-One For Dummies provides the goods! Based on Apple's new iOS software, which includes Siri for iPad, new and improved maps with turn by turn directions, shared photo streams, Facebook integration, Passbook, FaceTime video calls over cellular, new calling features such as instant text reply and callback reminders, improved email with a VIP inbox, iCloud browsing tabs, and much more. The book is organized into the following minibooks:
- iPad Basics - Covers basic functionality, synching with your computer and getting started, setting up e-mail, obtaining new apps and ebooks, and taking control of iPad settings.
- Just for Fun -- Covers buying and downloading content, making and listening to music, watching videos, reading ebooks, and playing games.
- iPad on the Go -- Covers getting connected with WiFi and 3G, using maps for getting directions, finding restaurants, hotels, and so on, getting your e-mail while on the road.
- Getting Productive with iWork -- iWork and Beyond -- Covers Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and other productivity apps
- Using iPad to Get Organized -- Covers synching and printing from your iPad, working with Notes, Using the Calendar app, and managing contacts.
- Must-Have iPad Apps -- Covers the best-of-the-best business apps, travel apps, educational apps, news and weather apps, and financial apps.
Your favorite, full-color anthology on all things iPad; now completely updated!
The iPad's popularity just keeps growing. Part iPod, game console, e-reader, and ultra-powerful microcomputer; the iPad does so many things that this resource needs five minibooks to address them all. Written by bestselling For Dummies author Nancy Muir, this all-in-one guide explores iPad basics, fun stuff, iPad on the go, getting productive with iWork, and using iPad to get organized in five, full-color minibooks.
- Updated for iOS 7, iPad Air, iPad mini, and earlier iPad models
- Starts with the iPad basics like setting up your device, navigating the touchscreen interface, and getting connected before moving on to working with the built-in apps like Mail, Safari, Messages, Reminders, Calendar, and Notes
- Covers useful features and apps to help you work from anywhere - from using Pages, Numbers, and Keynote to printing documents, getting driving directions, managing your contacts, more
- Shows you where to find the latest apps, music, e-books, games, videos, movies, and accessories to customize your iPad and have a little fun
- Includes bonus online minibook with the best-of-the-best business, travel, education, news, weather, and financial apps
Tap into the power of iPad with iPad All-in-One For Dummies, 6th Edition.
About the Author
Nancy C. Muir is a consultant and author of more than 100 books on business and technology topics, including all editions of the bestselling iPhone For Seniors For Dummies and iPad For Seniors For Dummies.
Table of Contents
Book I: iPad Basics 5
Chapter 1: Buying Your iPad 7
Chapter 2: Getting Started with iPad 19
Chapter 3: Making Your iPad More Accessible 47
Chapter 4: Overview of Bundled Apps 61
Chapter 5: Setting Up iTunes to Sync and Buy Apps 73
Chapter 6: Browsing the Web 93
Chapter 7: Working with E-mail in Mail 115
Chapter 8: Managing iPad Settings 133
Chapter 9: Maintaining and Troubleshooting 145
Book II: Just for Fun 157
Chapter 1: Buying Content at iTunes and Beyond 159
Chapter 2: Playing Music on iPad 173
Chapter 3: Watching Videos 189
Chapter 4: Getting the Most Out of iPad Cameras and FaceTime 199
Chapter 5: Getting Social with Twitter, Facebook, and iMessage 215
Chapter 6: Playing with the Photos App 225
Chapter 7: Using Your iPad as an E-reader 241
Chapter 8: Playing Games 269
Book III: iPad on the Go 285
Chapter 1: Configuring iPad to Connect Everywhere 287
Chapter 2: Finding Your Way with Maps 297
Chapter 3: Apps for Road Warriors 317
Book IV: Getting Productive with iWork 329
Chapter 1: Introducing the iWork for iOS Apps for iPad 331
Chapter 2: Pages Has a Way with Words 353
Chapter 3: Counting on Numbers 367
Chapter 4: Presenting Keynote 395
Book V: Using iPad to Get Organized 415
Chapter 1: Managing Files and Printing 417
Chapter 2: Making Notes 429
Chapter 3: Keeping On Schedule with the Calendar and Clock Apps 441
Chapter 4: Working with Reminders and Notifications 461
Chapter 5: Managing Contacts 475
Chapter 6: Talking to Your iPad with Siri 495