Synopses & Reviews
The ideal companion for getting the most out of your iPad, updated and in full color!
The possibilities that exist with Apple's amazing iPad are seemingly endless, and iOS 6 brings even more incredible features to this incredible device. If you want to get the very most out of your iPad, then this is the book for you! Mac experts and veteran author dream duo Edward Baig and Bob "Dr. Mac" LeVitus guide you through the iPad basics and then move on to latest iPad features and updates to Siri, Passbook, Facebook integration, the Maps app, and enhancements to your favorite features like FaceTime, Safari, Mail, Photos, and so much more.
- Gets you up to speed on the multitouch interface, synchronizing your data, working in the iCloud, setting up iTunes, sending and receiving e-mail, and more
- Walks you through texting with iMessage, browsing and downloading apps from the App Store, making video calls with FaceTime, and working with Siri, your voice-activated virtual assistant
- Shows you how to make video calls with FaceTime, unveil the iPod in your iPad, curl up with a good iBook, and get organized with Reminders
- Includes tips on protecting your information, troubleshooting, connecting wirelessly, adding contacts, and using your iPad as a personal hotspot
From the basics to the lastest, iPad For Dummies, 6th Edition will make you wonder how you ever lived without your iPad.
- What the book covers: Getting started with your iPad, mastering the multitouch interface, synchronizing your data, working in the iCloud, setting up iTunes and your iPad, browsing the Internet, sending and receiving e-mail, texting with iMessage, browsing and downloading applications from the App Store, making video calls with FaceTime, working with Siri your voice activated virtual assistant, unveiling the iPod in your iPad, taking control of your tunes, finding and watching videos, importing pictures and launching slideshows, capturing photos and videos, curling up with a good iBook, getting organized with Reminders, finding your way with maps, working with the calendar, sharing photo streams, taking notes, adding and viewing contacts, staying connected with Notification Center, protecting your information, accessorizing your iPad, troubleshooting, and more.
- Series features: Information presented in the straightforward but fun language that has defined the Dummies series for more than twenty years.
About the Author
Edward C. Baig is the Personal Tech columnist for USA TODAY as well as the author of Macs For Dummies. Bob "Dr. Mac" LeVitus pens the popular "Dr. Mac" column for the Houston Chronicle and is the author of OS X® Mavericks For Dummies.
Table of Contents
Part I: Getting to Know Your iPad 5
Chapter 1: Unveiling the iPad 7
Chapter 2: iPad Basic Training 23
Chapter 3: The Kitchen Sync: Getting Stuff to and from Your iPad 45
Part II: The Internet iPad 69
Chapter 4: Going on a Mobile Safari 71
Chapter 5: The E-Mail Must Get Through 91
Chapter 6: Maps Are Where It Is 119
Part III: The Multimedia iPad 131
Chapter 7: Get in Tune(s): Audio on Your iPad 133
Chapter 8: iPad Video: Seeing Is Believing 149
Chapter 9: You Oughta Be in Pictures 167
Chapter 10: Curling Up with a Good iBook 193
Part IV: The iPad at Work 209
Chapter 11: Apply Here (to Find Out about iPad Apps) 211
Chapter 12: People, Places, and Appointments 229
Chapter 13: Indispensable iPad Utilities 241
Chapter 14: Taking iPad Controls Siri-ously 257
Part V: The Undiscovered iPad 265
Chapter 15: Setting You Straight on Settings 267
Chapter 16: When Good iPads Go Bad 293
Chapter 17: Accessorizing Your iPad 305
Part VI: The Part of Tens 321
Chapter 18: Ten Appetizing (and Free) Apps 323
Chapter 19: Ten Apps Worth Paying For 333
Chapter 20: Ten Hints, Tips, and Shortcuts 343