Synopses & Reviews
Big info about using the iPad mini!
This fun-and-friendly full-color book gets you started with your iPad mini, walking you through using the multitouch interface, helping you get connected, showing you how to browse the web, and detailing ways to add lots of cool content. Expert authors and Mac gurus Ed Baig and Bob "Dr. Mac" LeVitus guide you through everything from sending and receiving e-mails and texts to downloading apps from the App store. You'll learn how to manage your calendar, make video calls with FaceTime, work with Siri, and enjoy videos, tunes, and photos.
- Shows you how to find and watch videos, import pictures, launch a slideshow, capture photos and videos, and find and buy iBooks
- Explains how to find a location or get directions with Maps
- Walks you through syncing contacts, calendars, and to-do lists
- Addresses staying connected with Notification Center, protecting your information, and troubleshooting
It may be "mini" but it's capable of enormous endeavors! Find out everything your iPad mini is capable of with the full-color iPad mini For Dummies!
- What the book covers: Getting started with your iPad mini, mastering the multitouch interface, synchronizing your data, working in the iCloud, setting up iTunes and your iPad mini, browsing the Internet, sending and receiving e-mail, texting with iMessage, browsing and downloading applications from the App Store, making video calls with FaceTime, working with Siri your voice activated virtual assistant, unveiling the iPod in your iPad mini, taking control of your tunes, finding and watching videos, importing pictures and launching slideshows, capturing photos and videos, curling up with a good iBook, getting organized with Reminders, finding your way with maps, working with the calendar, sharing photo streams, taking notes, adding and viewing contacts, staying connected with Notification Center, protecting your information, accessorizing your iPad mini, troubleshooting, and more.
- Series features: Information presented in the straightforward but fun language that has defined the Dummies series for more than twenty years.
About the Author
Edward C. Baig
is the Personal Tech columnist for USA TODAY
and his weekly column runs on Thursdays in the Money section.
Bob LeVitus, often referred to as "Dr. Mac," is one of the world's leading authorities on all things Apple and one of the Mac community's most trusted gurus.
Table of Contents
Part I: Getting to Know Your iPad mini 5
Chapter 1: Unveiling the iPad mini 7
Chapter 2: iPad mini Basic Training 23
Chapter 3: The Kitchen Sync: Getting Stuff to and from Your iPad mini 45
Part II: The Internet iPad mini 71
Chapter 4: Going on a Mobile Safari 73
Chapter 5: The E-Mail Must Get Through 93
Chapter 6: Maps Are Where It Is 125
Part III: The Multimedia iPad mini 139
Chapter 7: Get in Tune(s): Audio on Your iPad mini 141
Chapter 8: iPad mini Video: Seeing Is Believing 161
Chapter 9: You Oughta Be in Pictures 181
Chapter 10: Curling Up with a Good iBook 213
Part IV: Putting the iPad mini to Work 233
Chapter 11: Apply Here (To Find Out about iPad mini Apps) 235
Chapter 12: People, Places, and Appointments 253
Chapter 13: Indispensible iPad mini Utilities 271
Chapter 14: Taking the iPad mini Siri-ously 289
Part V: The Undiscovered iPad mini 299
Chapter 15: Setting You Straight on Settings 301
Chapter 16: When Good iPad minis Go Bad 331
Chapter 17: Accessorizing Your iPad mini 345
Part VI: The Part of Tens 359
Chapter 18: Ten Appetizing (And Free) Apps 361
Chapter 19: Ten Apps Worth Paying For 365
Chapter 20: Ten Hints, Tips, and Shortcuts 373