Synopses & Reviews
- Stay in touch with e-mail, texts, and FaceTime® video calls
- Browse the web and have some fun with music, movies, apps, and more
- Record HD videos, shoot photos, and share them with the world
IN FULL COLOR!
Want to get the most out of your iPad mini? This handy guide tells you how!
The amazing iPad mini may be small, but it packs all the power and pleasure of the iPad you know and love. This guide is bursting with advice to help you make the most of all your iPad mini can do. See how to take, edit, and share photos and HD video, find amazing apps and games, enjoy music and movies, stay organized with Calendar and Reminders, get turn-by-turn directions with Maps, and discover all the cool things Siri can do for you!
- Make friends with your mini find your way around the multitouch display, connect to Wi-Fi, and sync your stuff to and from your iPad mini
- The wonderful web browse online with Safari, send and receive e-mail, text with iMessage, and stay connected with Facebook and Twitter
- Fill 'er up load your iPad mini with music, movies, TV shows, games, and e-books and download the latest apps to indulge all your interests
- Work like a charm stay on top of alerts with Notification Center, manage your appointments with Calendar, and remember it all with Reminders
- Showtimes, directions, scores, and more let Siri help you choose a movie, pick a restaurant, get driving directions, and even check the weather
Open the book and find:
- Steps for setting up your iPad mini and navigating the touchscreen
- How to make video calls with FaceTime
- Advice on syncing your music, photos, e-mail, contacts, and calendars with iCloud
- Tips for shooting and sharing your favorite photos and videos
- Instructions for buying and reading e-books
- How to use Siri to set alarms, compose a text message, read your e-mail, and more
- Details about cool accessories to enhance your iPad mini experience
- iPad troubleshooting help
- What the book covers: Getting started with your iPad mini, mastering the multitouch interface, synchronizing your data, working in the iCloud, setting up iTunes and your iPad mini, browsing the Internet, sending and receiving e-mail, texting with iMessage, browsing and downloading applications from the App Store, making video calls with FaceTime, working with Siri your voice activated virtual assistant, unveiling the iPod in your iPad mini, taking control of your tunes, finding and watching videos, importing pictures and launching slideshows, capturing photos and videos, curling up with a good iBook, getting organized with Reminders, finding your way with maps, working with the calendar, sharing photo streams, taking notes, adding and viewing contacts, staying connected with Notification Center, protecting your information, accessorizing your iPad mini, troubleshooting, and more.
- Series features: Information presented in the straightforward but fun language that has defined the Dummies series for more than twenty years.
The perfect companion for discovering how to get the most out of your iPad mini!
Apple's latest iPad may be small, but it's one mighty mini. This fun-and-friendly full-color guide gets you started with your iPad mini, walking you through using the multitouch interface, getting connected, browsing the web, adding tons of cool content, and much, much more.
From sending and receiving e-mail totexting with iMessage, downloading apps from the App Store, managing your calendar, making video calls with FaceTime, and working with Siri, expert authors and Mac gurus Ed Baig and Bob "Dr. Mac" LeVitus will have you making your way through your iPad mini in no time at all.
- Shows you how to unveil the iPod in your iPad mini, take control of your tunes, import photos, create a slideshow, and capture photos and videos
- Highlights ways to buy and read your favorite e-books; find a location or get directions with Maps; play games; and rent, buy, and watch movies and TV shows
- Walks you through syncing contacts, calendars, and to-do lists
- Addresses staying connected with Notification Center, protecting your information, and troubleshooting
It may be "mini" but it's capable of enormous endeavors! Find out everything your iPad mini is capable of with the full-color iPad mini For Dummies!
About the Author
Edward C. Baig is the Personal Tech columnist for USA TODAY and the author of Macs For Dummies. Bob "Dr. Mac" LeVitus pens the popular "Dr. Mac" column for the Houston Chronicle and is the author of OS X® Mountain Lion For Dummies.
Table of Contents
Part I: Getting to Know Your iPad mini 5
Chapter 1: Unveiling the iPad mini 7
Chapter 2: iPad mini Basic Training 23
Chapter 3: The Kitchen Sync: Getting Stuff to and from Your iPad mini 43
Part II: The Internet iPad mini 71
Chapter 4: Going on a Mobile Safari 73
Chapter 5: The E-Mail Must Get Through 91
Chapter 6: Maps Are Where It Is 119
Part III: The Multimedia iPad mini 133
Chapter 7: Get in Tune(s): Audio on Your iPad mini 135
Chapter 8: iPad mini Video: Seeing Is Believing 149
Chapter 9: You Oughtta Be in Pictures 165
Chapter 10: Curling Up with a Good iBook 185
Part IV: The iPad mini at Work 203
Chapter 11: Apply Here (To Find Out about iPad Apps) 205
Chapter 12: People, Places, and Appointments 223
Chapter 13: Indispensible iPad mini Utilities 235
Chapter 14: Taking the iPad mini Siri-ously 251
Part V: The Undiscovered iPad mini 259
Chapter 15: Setting You Straight on Settings 261
Chapter 16: When Good iPad minis Go Bad 285
Chapter 17: Accessorizing Your iPad mini 297
Part VI: The Part of Tens 313
Chapter 18: Ten Appetizing (And Free) Apps 315
Chapter 19: Ten Apps Worth Paying For 325
Chapter 20: Ten Hints, Tips, and Shortcuts 335