Synopses & Reviews
- Stay in touch with e-mail and FaceTime video chats
- Browse the web and have some fun with music, movies, apps, and more
- Master multitasking gestures to zoom from one app to another
Your easy-to-use guide to the powerful and popular iPad mini
The iPad mini delivers great capabilities wherever you go! Dig into this comprehensive guide to discover all the features of your easily portable Apple device. You’ll get all the latest information on updates to iOS 7 and the Retina Display, as well as details on using video chat, dictation, iTunes, and more!
- Customize your settings — start with the basics to get your iPad mini set up just the way you like
- Surf the Internet — use Safari to get online, discover how to use e-mail and maps, and learn to go mobile
- Utilize your media — jump into iTunes, create videos, take and share photos, and find out how to use the iBook reader
- Get to work — go beyond all the fun stuff with a variety of productivity apps and utilities
- Discover what you can do — get going with ten great apps and additional tips, tricks, and shortcuts to make your iPad mini a dynamo
Open the book and find:
- Tips on getting started with your iPad mini
- The skinny on using Siri to get answers
- Help with mastering the multitouch interface
- Tricks to make your iPad mini an entertainment hub
- Details on using iCloud and interactive games
- How to set up iTunes with your iPad mini
- The lowdown on commanding the Control Center
- Tips on using AirDrop to share photos and videos
- What the book covers: Getting started with your iPad mini, mastering the multitouch interface, synchronizing your data, working in the iCloud, setting up iTunes and your iPad mini, browsing the Internet, sending and receiving e-mail, texting with iMessage, browsing and downloading applications from the App Store, making video calls with FaceTime, working with Siri your voice activated virtual assistant, unveiling the iPod in your iPad mini, taking control of your tunes, finding and watching videos, importing pictures and launching slideshows, capturing photos and videos, curling up with a good iBook, getting organized with Reminders, finding your way with maps, working with the calendar, sharing photo streams, taking notes, adding and viewing contacts, staying connected with Notification Center, protecting your information, accessorizing your iPad mini, troubleshooting, and more.
- Series features: Information presented in the straightforward but fun language that has defined the Dummies series for more than twenty years.
Big info about using the iPad mini!
This fun-and-friendly full-color book gets you started with your iPad mini, walking you through using the multitouch interface, getting connected, going online, and packing your iPad mini with apps, games, e-books, photos, music, movies, and more. Expert authors and Mac gurus Edward C. Baig and Bob "Dr. Mac" LeVitus guide you through everything from powering up all the way to syncing your stuff with iCloud. You'll learn how to manage your calendar, make video calls with FaceTime, work with Siri, and enjoy your iPad mini wherever you go.
- Updated for iOS 7, iPad mini with Retina Display, and original iPad mini
- Walks you through getting connected, syncing your contacts and calendars, setting up e-mail, browsing the web, and working with Notification Center
- Shows you how to turn your iPad mini into an entertainment hub and shoot and share photos and HD video, create your own slideshow, listen to your favorites tunes, read the latest e-book bestsellers, play interactive games, and more
- Explains how to find your destination,get directions with Maps, check the weather, read movie reviews, and more
- Offers troubleshooting and maintance help, tips for keeping your personal information secure, and ways to customize your iPad mini for your own needs
Your iPad mini may be small, but it’s one mighty mini! Find out everything it’s capable of with this full-color, For Dummies guide.
About the Author
Edward C. Baig
is the Personal Tech columnist for USA TODAY
and his weekly column runs on Thursdays in the Money section.
Bob LeVitus, often referred to as "Dr. Mac," is one of the world's leading authorities on all things Apple and one of the Mac community's most trusted gurus.
Table of Contents
Part I: Getting to Know Your iPad mini 5
Chapter 1: Unveiling the iPad mini 7
Chapter 2: iPad mini Basic Training 23
Chapter 3: The Kitchen Sync: Getting Stuff to and from Your iPad mini 45
Part II: The Internet iPad mini 71
Chapter 4: Going on a Mobile Safari 73
Chapter 5: The E-Mail Must Get Through 93
Chapter 6: Maps Are Where It Is 125
Part III: The Multimedia iPad mini 139
Chapter 7: Get in Tune(s): Audio on Your iPad mini 141
Chapter 8: iPad mini Video: Seeing Is Believing 161
Chapter 9: You Oughta Be in Pictures 181
Chapter 10: Curling Up with a Good iBook 213
Part IV: Putting the iPad mini to Work 233
Chapter 11: Apply Here (To Find Out about iPad mini Apps) 235
Chapter 12: People, Places, and Appointments 253
Chapter 13: Indispensible iPad mini Utilities 271
Chapter 14: Taking the iPad mini Siri-ously 289
Part V: The Undiscovered iPad mini 299
Chapter 15: Setting You Straight on Settings 301
Chapter 16: When Good iPad minis Go Bad 331
Chapter 17: Accessorizing Your iPad mini 345
Part VI: The Part of Tens 359
Chapter 18: Ten Appetizing (And Free) Apps 361
Chapter 19: Ten Apps Worth Paying For 365
Chapter 20: Ten Hints, Tips, and Shortcuts 373