Synopses & Reviews
Release the awesomeness of your iPhone. It's a snapp with this amazing all-in-one guide!
With a new iOS, a great new camera, and more, the iPhone 4S is one sweet device. Whether you're a proud owner of Apple's latest iPhone or another model, the easy-to-follow minibooks in this guide will help you become an awesome iPhone user in no time.
Meet your iPhone Book I introduces you to your iPhone's functions, iOS5, and the multitouch interface and prepares you with simple troubleshooting tips
Stock up fill your iPhone to the brim and learn to sync your photos, e-mail, media, contacts, and calendar in the iCloud, with Book II's advice
The phone in iPhone Surprise! You you can even make phone calls with your iPhone. Book III gives you the 411 on phone calls, voicemail, video-chatting with FaceTime, texting, and browsing the Internet
Your personal assistant Book IV gets you organized. Manage your contacts and your time, take notes, get reminders, find your way with Maps, and meet Siri, your personal assistant
The entertainer Book V shows you how to have fun with photos, videos, and music. That's why you really wanted an iPhone, right? Plus, check out online bonus content to find the best apps for every task.
Open the book and find:
Steps to setting up your iPhone
Instructions for working with Siri, your virtual personal assistant
How to stay connected with Facebook®, Twitter®, Yelp®,and foursquare®
Easy ways to manage your iTunes® library
Tips for shooting and sharing photos and videos
Techniques for managing your contacts and calendar
How to video-chat with FaceTime®
Ways to stay on top of life's breaking news with Notification Center
Making Everything Easier!
5 Books in 1
Stocking iPhone with iTunes Apps and Add-Ons
Making iPhone Your Personal Assistant
Letting iPhone Entertain You
IN FULL COLOR!
- What the book covers: getting acquainted with the iPhone, mastering the basics, copying your stuff to and from your iPhone, trying and buying apps, music, and movies, making, receiving, and managing phone and video calls, sending and receiving text and multimedia messages, surfing the Web with Safari, sending and receiving E-mail, perfecting your people skills with contacts, juggling your time with calendar, capturing, viewing and sharing photos and videos, managing your iTunes library, connecting with Facebook and Twitter, checking in with Yelp, FourSquare, and more, touring pocket sized office suite and doc apps, multi-functioning with scanning, signing, and printing apps, painting, drawing, and illustrating with style, losing yourself in iBook and E-Readers, creating and viewing news and articles your way, getting into greatly gratifying games, getting and staying fit and healthy on an iPhone scale, digging deeper into iPhone settings, troubleshooting and fixing common iPhone problems, visiting a Jailbroken iPhone’s view of the world, and much more.
- Seven minibooks included are: (1) Meet the iPhone (2) Stock the iPhone (3) The Communicator (4) The Personal Assistant (5) The Entertainer (6) Useful Apps (7) The iPhone Geek and Guru
- Series features: Information presented in the straightforward but fun language that has defined the Dummies series for more twenty years.
Go from smartphone newbie to iPhone rock star with this amazing all-in-one guide!
Here’s the book for iPhone users who want it all--the basics to get started and the advanced info that puts all the iPhone’s power at your fingertips. iPhone All-in-One For Dummies includes five minibooks - more than 600 pages in full color--packed with next-step information for iPhone power users at home, at work, or on the go. Writing in the famous straightforward yet fun For Dummies style, tech experts John Hutsko and Barbara Boyd get you acquainted with your iPhone and take you step by step from simple to advanced: surfing the Web to taking photos and videos; staying in touch via e-mail, video calls, and social media to losing yourself in e-books and magazines to guru-level techniques anyone can learn.
- Five minibooks include Meet the iPhone, Stocking the iPhone with iTunes Apps and Add-Ons, Communications Central, Making Your iPhone Your Personal Assistant, Letting iPhone Entertain You; each walks you through all aspects of the incredible iPhone’s functionality
- Gets you up to speed with the latest iPhone models plus iOS 5 and all its features
- Explains how to make phone and video calls, exchange e-mails, text and multimedia messages, surf the Web, and buy apps, music, movies, and more
- Goes beyond fun to getting work done with pocket-sized office suite and doc apps, contacts and calendars, iBooks and eReaders
- Gives up-to-date info on Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, FourSquare, and other social networks
- Shares insider tips and troubleshooting techniques
You’ll take charge of your iPhone and take your world with you everywhere you go with iPhone All-in-One For Dummies.
About the Author
Joe Hutsko worked at Apple from 1984 to 1988. Since then, he has been writing about computers, gadgets, video games, trends, and hi-tech movers and shakers for numerous publications and websites. Barbara Boyd worked at Apple from 1985 to 1990 and currently writes about food, gardens, travel, and technology.
Table of Contents
Book I: Meet iPhone 7
Chapter 1: Exploring the Many Faces of iPhone 9
Chapter 2: Operating Your iPhone: The Basics and Beyond 21
Chapter 3: Controlling the Multitouch and Voice Recognition Interfaces 51
Chapter 4: Touring iPhone’s Built-in Apps and Settings 81
Chapter 5: Anticipating and Tackling iPhone Troubles 115
Book II: Stocking iPhone with iTunes Apps and Add-ons 123
Chapter 1: Syncing, Backing Up, and Updating Your iPhone 125
Chapter 2: Apps 411: Browsing, Installing, and Managing Apps 163
Chapter 3: Enhancing and Protecting iPhone with Add-ons 183
Book III: Communications Central: Calls, Messages, and the Web 197
Chapter 1: Managing Phone and FaceTime Video Calls 199
Chapter 2: Sending and Receiving Text and Multimedia Messages 247
Chapter 3: Surfing the Web with Safari 273
Chapter 4: E-mailing Every Which Way You Can 313
Book IV: Making iPhone Your Personal Assistant 357
Chapter 1: Perfecting Your People Skills with Contacts 359
Chapter 2: Managing Your Time with Calendar, Clock, and Reminders 385
Chapter 3: Tapping into Maps, Compass, Weather, Calculator, and Stocks 423
Chapter 4: Creating and Sharing Notes and Voice Memos 449
Book V: Letting iPhone Entertain You: Photos, Video, Music, and More 471
Chapter 1: Capturing and Sharing Photos and Videos with Camera 473
Chapter 2: Acquiring and Browsing Music, Videos, Movies, and More 493
Chapter 3: Listening to Music and Audio 519
Chapter 4: Watching Videos and YouTube 539
Bonus Online Content: Apps for Every Type of Task Online
Bonus Chapter 1: Getting Things Done for Everyone Online
Bonus Chapter 2: The (More) Serious Business Partner Online
Bonus Chapter 3: Improving Communication and Social Networking Online
Bonus Chapter 4: Getting Creative Online
Bonus Chapter 5: The Well-Informed Reader and Listener Online
Bonus Chapter 6: Maximizing Leisure, Health, Home, and Travel Online