Synopses & Reviews
Here is your essential companion to Apple’s iPhone! The iPhone Pocket Guide, Fourth Edition covers all iPhone models including the new iPhone 3G S. The iPhone Pocket Guide, Fourth Edition was written based on the iPhone 3.0 software and the iPhone 3G S, and the content accurately reflects the design of your iPhone 3G S and how you will use it. Author Christopher Breen has been covering the iPod and iPhone from the first day of their releases. This affordably priced Pocket Guide incorporates snappy writing and eye-catching graphics as Breen steers you through how to:
- Set up and quickly start using your phone/iPod/Internet device.
- Download applications from the App Store.
- Make and receive calls and send text messages with your phone.
- Keep everything in sync between your Windows PC or Mac and your iPhone.
- E-mail family and friends using your carrier’s wireless network or a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Listen to songs and podcasts, and watch movies and TV shows (and YouTube!).
- Browse the Web using the built-in Safari browser.
- Figure out where you are with the iPhone’s location services.
- Fix common problems, and learn what to do if you can’t fix them yourself.
New Apple iPhone 4 users will want to start using their devices as soon as they get their hands on them, and The iPhone Pocket Guide shows them how. Trusted gadget teacher Christopher Breen reveals the quickest way to learn iPhone 4 features. Everything is covered including:
- Built-in Apps
- FaceTime video calling
- HD Video Recording --shoot, edit, and share all in HD
- 5 megapixel camera with LED flash and 5x digital zoom
Breen also covers the basics such as making calls and navigating through your music, TV shows, and movies. Along the way, Christopher Breen offers hints for making the most of the device's settings and troubleshooting advice for when the iPhone becomes uncooperative.