Synopses & Reviews
Melt Iron or Bronze Quickly and Easily!
Complete plans and operating instructions for a 10-inch diameter cupola that will melt 330 pounds of iron per hour when powered by a shop vac! Also included are plans for a high-pressure blower that will increase the output of the small furnace to 660 pounds per hour. All can be built for little cost, mostly from scrap.
You will learn how to:
- Design and build any size cupola you need (capacity from 150 to 2500 pounds of iron per hour)
- Make a high-temperature refractory from sand and clay
- Design and build high-pressure blowers
- Measure airflow with a water filled manometer that is built from scrap
- Build a simple air pre-heater
- Use oxygen injection for increased output and special work
- Build water-cooled tuyeres