Synopses & Reviews
Get the communication skills you need for career success
More and more companies now require that their IT professionals have strong communication and customer service skills. Gaining these soft skills is such a critical component of IT that the new CompTIA A+ exams include a significant number of questions on this subject. This unique book prepares you for the exams and beyond as it delves into the issues that you'll face in corporate, retail, and remote support environments.
How do you deal with angry customers? How do you prioritize? The book presents over fifty scenarios depicting typical workplace situations, possible responsesand appropriate solutions to guide you. With this approach, you'll gain valuable insight into becoming a team player and learn strategies to communicate more effectively with coworkers and customers.
In this book you'll learn how to:
- Gain stronger communication and interpersonal skills for the workplace
Deal with an angry customer and best resolve the situation
Handle any problem while conveying strong professional and ethical behavior
Understand some of the most difficult aspects of human interaction
Learn how to manage by using fundamental leadership skills, including discipline, delegation, and mentoring
Express yourself using active and passive communication
Communicate in a multicultural environment
Offer either direct or indirect explanations when responding to an issue
Prepare for the soft skills questions on the CompTIA A+ exams
The IT Professional's Business and Communications Guide will review in depth the issues that IT Professionals will face in a corporate, retail, and remote environments. For readers new to the concept of debugging social problems, it will serve as a demonstrative tool that enables inexperienced technicians to understand some of the most difficult portions of human interaction, including: Customer Interaction Oral and Visual Expression Active and Passive Communication Direct and Indirect Explanation Professional and Ethical Behavior Large and Small Scale Environment Social Operations Business Social Interaction Multicultural Communication and Responsibility
* In response to hardware and software vendors' demands, CompTIA has included questions that deal with communication, professionalism, and customer interaction in their upcoming A+ exams and this book helps readers excel in that area so they can achieve a well-rounded, successful career
* Presents an in-depth look at the importance of being a team player, communicating effectively with co-workers and customers, and problem solving-qualities that are often overlooked by the IT professional but are an integral part of getting hired
* Addresses the negative results that poor soft skills can have: clients will take their business elsewhere and customers will not buy again from the company
* Reviews the issues that IT professionals face in a corporate, retail, and remote environments by placing them in certain situations and explaining how to deal with each scenario
Get the communication skills you need for career success with this unique book. Preparing you for exams and beyond, the valuable content delves into the issues that you’ll face in corporate, retail, and remote support environments. The book offers more than fifty scenarios depicting typical workplace situations, possible responses-and appropriate solutions to guide you. With this approach, you’ll gain valuable insight into becoming a team player and learn strategies to communicate more effectively with coworkers and customers.
About the Author
Steven Johnson, A+, i-Net+, and CWNP, is the managing editor for PrepLogic, a leading training provider focusing on IT certification preparation. As a consultant, he also concentrates on a variety of IT certifications, including Microsoft and Cisco.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Interacting with Customers.
Chapter 2 Working with Professionals.
Chapter 3 Using Proper Phone Techniques.
Chapter 4 Security in Communication.
Chapter 5 Workplace Communication and Practices.
Chapter 6 Leadership in IT.
Chapter 7 Communication in the Real World.