Synopses & Reviews
Learn a great new way to work on your Mac®, iPhone®, or iPad® iWork!
When you work with iWork, a lot of things are easier. This easy guide gets you started. You'll see how to use Pages for word processing and page layout, how Numbers makes spreadsheets make sense (at last!), how to wow 'em with a Keynote presentation, and best of all, how to use all three on your iOS devices: your iPad, iPod touch, and iPhone.
Learn once for all discover the basic commands and techniques that are the same across all iWork applications
Static or portable understand how to use iWork on iOS devices and get familiar with the interface
The magic of iCloud set up your iCloud account and synchronize data, calendars, documents, address books, and more
Page perfection create basic word-processing documents or dress them up with the layout techniques in Pages
Numbers tell a story present data in meaningful ways with Numbers charts
Present anywhere build eye-catching Keynote presentations you can display on your iPad
Visit the companion website at www.dummies.com/go/iworkfd for bonus chapters, source code, and additional information on iWork.
Open the book and find:
How iWork lets you reuse your work
Features you can use on both Mac and iOS
Tips on making the most of templates
Ways to fine-tune your documents
How to create charts in all three applications
Steps for setting up a two-screen Keynote presentation
Advice on getting the most from iWork
Tricks for making documents and presentations shine
Create documents with Pages and spreadsheets with Numbers
Give your presentations a fresh new look with Keynote®
Use iWork on your iPad® and iPhone® and sync documents with your Mac®
Take full advantage of all the latest iWork features
Boost your business productivity with the latest iWork features
iWork, Apple's unique business productivity suite, isn't just for your Mac or MacBook anymore. Now you can take your favorite iWork applications everywhere you go with iWork for iPad! iWork features Pages, an integrated word processing/page layout program; Numbers, a spreadsheet program that lets you present your figures in impressive new ways; and Keynote presentation software that makes PowerPoint look last-century.
This friendly guide shows you how to use each one to the fullest, on your Mac or iPad. Create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations that are fresh and eye-popping, and do it wherever you and your iPad happen to be!
- Mac and iPad sales are booming, and iWork is the productivity suite uniquely designed for the Mac platform
- Covers using the three iWork applications: Pages, Numbers, and Keynote
- Addresses working with other file formats, converting documents to e-books, sharing your work on iWork.com, and more
- Shows how to create stunning documents, reports, and presentations on your Mac or iPad and share them online
Work the way you want with iWork and iWork For Dummies!
- What the book covers: This friendly guide shows readers how to harness the creative possibilities of the unique iWork office productivity suite to create stunning presentations using the Pages, Numbers, and Keynote applications for documents, spreadsheets, and presentations, respectively. Readers who are tired of the dreary, workaday layouts possible with Microsoft Office will be fully prepared to “dress to impress” their office documents with iWork. An entire new part showcases iWork for iPad and iPhone and how to share information with the Mac version and online. Also covers sharing documents via the iWork.com site.
- Series features: Information presented in the straightforward but fun language that has defined the Dummies series for more than fifteen years.
About the Author
Jesse Feiler has specialized in Apple technology for 20 years. As a developer, he has worked with Xcode and Cocoa; as an author, speaker, and consultant, he shares his expertise in a wide variety of Apple software. He maintains a blog at www.northcountryconsulting.com.
Table of Contents
Part I: Introducing iWork 5
Chapter 1: Starting Out with iWork 7
Chapter 2: Working Effectively with iWork 35
Chapter 3: Managing the iWork for Mac Menus and Toolbars 59
Chapter 4: Using Text and Text Boxes 77
Chapter 5: Working with Colors, Fonts, Shapes, and Images 109
Chapter 6: Working with Tables and Charts 143
Part II: Turning the Page with Pages 159
Chapter 7: Getting to Know Pages 161
Chapter 8: Editing Word-Processing Documents on Mac 181
Chapter 9: Editing Page Layout Documents with Pages for Mac 195
Chapter 10: Fine-Tuning Your Pages for Mac Documents 207
Chapter 11: Improving Your Documents with Comments and Track Changes (Mac Only) 219
Chapter 12: Working with Long Word-Processing Documents (Mac Only) 229
Part III: Counting on Numbers 247
Chapter 13: Getting to Know Numbers 249
Chapter 14: Creating and Editing Numbers Documents 263
Chapter 15: Working with Cells and Formulas (iOS) 283
Chapter 16: Working with Cells and Formulas (Mac) 297
Chapter 17: Working with Charts 317
Chapter 18: Formatting and Printing Numbers Documents 333
Part IV: Presenting Keynote 349
Chapter 19: Creating a Keynote Presentation 351
Chapter 20: Presenting a Keynote Presentation 369
Chapter 21: Improving Your Keynote Presentation 379
Part V: The Part of Tens 399
Chapter 22: Ten Ways to Share Content 401
Chapter 23: Ten Ways to Let iWork for Mac Do the Work for You 407