Synopses & Reviews
Enjoy a successful trip to Japan by having an understanding of its fascinating culture
Japan Made Easy contains essential information, practical advice, and hundreds of dos and don'ts that help you get the most of your business or vacation trips to Japan. This book covers hundreds of the little things that often make the difference between a wonderful experience and a terrible one. Organized into chapters that focus on practical concerns for travelers to Japan, such as hotels, dining, and shopping, it is filled with practical information designed to smooth your way through routine as well as unexpected events. It is also a practical guide to key life customs in Japan and includes useful insights into the “whys” of typical Japanese behavior.
Japan Made Easy pinpoints a wide range of the special pleasures of Japan--literally hundreds of things, large and small, that make living and traveling in today's Japan fascinating and satisfying--when you cross the cultural bridge.
- Chapters focus on practical topics of specific interest to travelers to Japan.
- Provides helpful information such as how to use chopsticks, reading important signs, and what to do if you're arrested.
- Each chapter provides useful phrases or vocabulary.
- Free 15-minute download features some useful phrases in Japanese from each chapter.
The Basics of Japan; Smelling the Chrysanthemums; Advance Planning; When to Go and What to Take; Reservations and Other Details; Playing It Safe; Dealing with Emergencies; Money Matters; Japans International Airports; Hotel Matters; Inn Matters; Communicating with the Japanese; Mastering Japans Maze; Reading Important Signs; Dining In and Out; Nighttime Entertainment; Transportation Treats and Trials; Using Telephones; Driving in Japan; Shopping Scenarios; Toilet Pointers; Gift-Giving Etiquette; In a Japanese Home; Mailing Things; Pronunciation Guide; The Pleasures of Japan; Useful Information
This practical guide is filled with tips on handling everyday and unexpected events, along with insights about key customs in Japan. It is a book that makes living and traveling in today's Japan a fascinating and satisfying experience by helping readers to cross the culture bridge.
About the Author
McGraw-Hill authors represent the leading experts in their fields and are dedicated to improving the lives, careers, and interests of readers worldwide
Table of Contents
Part I The Basics of Japan
1. Smelling the Chrysanthemums 2. Advance Planning
3. When to Go and What to Take 4. Reservations and Other Details
5. Playing It Safe 6. Dealing with Emergencies
7. Money Matters 8. Japans International Airports
9. Hotel Matters 10. Inn Matters
11. Communicating with the Japanese 12. Mastering Japans Maze
13. Reading Important Signs 14. Dining In and Out
15. Nighttime Entertainment 16. Transportation Treats and Trials
17. Using Telephones 18. Driving in Japan
19. Shopping Scenarios 20. Toilet Pointers
21. Gift-Giving Etiquette 22. In a Japanese Home 23. Mailing Things
> 24. Pronunciation Guide
Part II The Pleasures of Japan
Part III Useful Information