Synopses & Reviews
- Regular expressions
- Beautiful features
- Learn how to look at your application code through a patterns lens
- Recognize antipatterns -- solutions that create more problems than they solve
Ideal for web developers and experienced Flash and Silverlight developers, HTML5 Canvas shows you how to build several interactive web games as a way to learn the topics presented. The book also includes tips for Flash developers on how to transfer their skills to HTML5 programming. Now is the time to join the HTML5 revolution, and this is the book to get you started.
- Create an application to learn how to use HTML5 text and text animation
- Use the Canvas drawing and animation API to build a progressive breakout-style game
- Learn how to use the image API, and create an application using drag-and-drop
- Create an advanced arcade game to learn about HTML5's
Along the way you'll learn to:
- Master basic programming techniques and best practices
- Harness the power of functional and object-oriented programming
- Use regular expressions to quickly parse and manipulate strings
- Gracefully deal with errors and browser incompatibilities
- Handle browser events and alter the DOM structure
About the Author
Steve is an R.I.A. and web game developer who has been cultivating an audience for news, stories, blogs and tutorials about Flash, Silverlight, and now the HTML 5 Canvas at their own web site, http://www.8bitrocket.com, for the past 3 1/2 years. He has one of the highest Alexa rankings among Flash game developers blogs.
Steve has worked as a web development manager at Mattel Toys for the past 14 years, helping to create Mattels extensive online presence.
Jeff is an R.I.A. and web game developer who has been cultivating an audience for news, stories, blogs and tutorials about Flash, Silverlight, and now the HTML 5 Canvas at their own web site, http://www.8bitrocket.com, for the past 3 1/2 years. He has one of the highest Alexa rankings among Flash game developers blogs.
Jeff has worked as a web development manager at Mattel Toys for the past 14 years, helping to create Mattels extensive online presence.
Table of Contents