Synopses & Reviews
jQuery in Action, like jQuery itself, is a concise tool designed to make you a more efficient and effective web developer. In a short 300 pages, this book introduces you to the jQuery programming model and guides you through the major features and techniques you'll need to be productive immediately. The book anchors each new concept in the tasks you'll tackle in day-to-day web development and offers unique lab pages where you immediately put your jQuery knowledge to work.
- Discover several ways to use the compiler as part of your build process
- Learn about Closure type expressions, primitives, and common utilities
- Understand how classes and class-based-inheritance are emulated in Closure
- Get the best performance from Closure by learning about event management
- Learn the life-cycle of a UI component
- Get best practices for using Closure Templates
This work, like jQuery itself, is a concise tool designed to make readers more efficient and effective Web developers. It introduces the jQuery programming model as well as the major features and techniques needed to be productive.
About the Author
Bear Bibeault has been working in the area of web applications since the mid-90s, getting started with beta versions of JSP and Servlets. He is a senior moderator at the popular JavaRanch site, and has contributed articles to that site's JavaRanch Journal. He also co-authored two other Manning books: Ajax in Practice and Prototype and Scriptaculous in Action. Bear works and resides in Austin, TX.