Synopses & Reviews
Build websites and apps for touch devices such as iPhone, iPad, Android, and BlackBerry with the recently developed jQuery Mobile library. This introductory tutorial shows you how. Learn the best way to apply this library's many interface components through a series of hands-on exercises. By the end of the book, you'll have built a complete working mobile application for multiple handset and tablet platforms using just semantic HTML5 code.
jQuery Mobile: Up and Running teaches you how to create responsive, Ajax-based interfaces that work on tablets as well as smartphones, so you don't have to rebuild everything for different platforms. You dont need programming skills or previous experience with jQuery or HTML5 to get started. This book shows you exactly what you need to know.
- Understand how jQuery Mobile, HTML5, and CSS3 work on smartphones and tablets
- Build a single project for a variety of platforms, including iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Firefox, webOS, and Internet Explorer
- Convert web content built with jQuery Mobile into apps ready for sale and distribution in every application store
- Learn how to create HTML5 semantic code prepared for mobile and tablet devices
- Work with jQuery Mobile components, form elements, list views, and themes
Would you like to build one mobile web application that works on iPad and Kindle Fire as well as iPhone and Android smartphones? This introductory guide to jQuery Mobile shows you how. Through a series of hands-on exercises, youll learn the best ways to use this frameworks many interface components to build customizable, multiplatform apps. You dont need any programming skills or previous experience with jQuery to get started.
By the time you finish this book, youll know how to create responsive, Ajax-based interfaces that work on a variety of smartphones and tablets, using jQuery Mobile and semantic HTML5 code.
- Work with UI components to format content and create forms, lists, navbars, and buttons
- Customize your entire user interface with themes and CSS3
- Enable users to install your app from the browser and work with it offline
- Distribute through app stores by packaging your creation as a native app
About the Author
Maximiliano Firtman is a developer focused on mobile and RIA development. He is a professor in web and mobile technologies, and founder of ITMaster Professional Training. He is author of many books in Spanish, including books on Java ME, ASP.NET, AJAX and Professional Web 2.0.
He is founder and manager of ARFUG (Argentina RIA & Flex User Group), an official Adobe User Group covering many RIA technologies, including AJAX, Flex, AIR and Silverlight. He has spoken at conferences in Spanish and English and published dozens of articles in magazines (.CODE, Users) and online (MaestrosDelWeb, Forum Nokia).
He has been a Forum Nokia Champion since 2006, and has developed many mobile projects as MobileTinyURL.com and widgen.com.
He is an expert in AJAX, Adobe Flex, Java ME, Widgets for Mobile and iPhone development.
Table of Contents