Synopses & Reviews
· Expert author Lizzie Williams knows Kenya inside out; she has travelled extensively throughout the country researching this new edition
· Comprehensive coverage of the main attractions plus dozens of activities and adventures that will help you get off the beaten track
· In-depth information about history, culture and politics, plus detailed listings and advice to help you select the right safari
· Inspirational trip planning with suggested itineraries, maps and a special east African wildlife feature
Brimming with information on Kenyas diverse landscape and people, Footprints 3rd edition Handbook will help you make the most of this wonderful destination from the rolling savannah and mountain forests to the parched deserts and tropical coastline.
Pink flamingos, white rhinos, the world's most famous game reserve and a peak to rival Kilimanjaro: all this and more await travelers to this beguiling country. Footprint's 3rd edition has been fully updated and revised to provide all the information necessary, whether you want to balloon over the Masai Mara, hike Mount Kenya or simply lie back and relax on some of Africa's most beautiful beaches. From Nairobi, Kenyas capital of coffee and commerce, to the remoteness of the Laikipia Plateau, find great places to stay, eat and sleep, plus detailed coverage on the amazing array of wildlife and activities this country has to offer.
From the huge selection of game reserves to the glorious white sand beaches, Footprints fully updated 3rd edition will help you navigate this awe-inspiring destination.
About the Author
Originally from London, Lizzie has worked and lived in Africa for 14 years. Starting out on trips across the continent as a tour leader on overland trucks, she has sat with a gorilla, slept amongst elephants, fed a giraffe and swum with a hippo and is now something of an expert on border crossings and African beer. For Footprint she is author of South Africa, Namibia, Kenya and Tanzania; has written the only country guide to Nigeria and the first city guide to Johannesburg for Bradt; is author of the AA Spiral Guide to South Africa and Africa Overland, a glossy look at the overland route from Nairobi to Cape Town, is co-author of the DK Eyewitness to Kenya, and has contributed to Turkey and Egypt for Rough Guides. She has written various online African destination guides for leading websites in the UK and US including Frommers, British Airways and World Travel Guide.net. When not on the road, Lizzie lives in Cape Town.
Table of Contents
1) Planning your trip; 2) Essentials; 3) Nairobi; 4) Rift Valley; 5) Western Kenya; 6) Central Highlands; 7) Southern Kenya; 8) The coast; 9) Lamu Archipelago; 10) Northern Kenya; 11) Background; 12) Footnotes