Synopses & Reviews
This task-based tutorial and reference guide is packed with practical guidance for people who want to jump in and start using the Kindle Fire. Written by Scott McNulty--known for his in-depth knowledge of and enthusiasm for the Kindle platform--this essential companion features eye-catching graphics and screen-shots and a clean design to help readers get the most out of Amazon's touchscreen tablet. Scott guides Kindle Fire users through Amazon's rich content ecosystem, showing readers how to:
- Purchase or rent movies and TV shows
- Find and download popular apps and games
- Buy and read books found in the Kindle bookstore
- Take advantage of Amazon Prime to stream videos
- Use the built-in email app with Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, and other popular
- Surf the web with Fire's Silk browser
- Store books, movies, music, and apps in the Amazon Cloud
In addition, Scott offers plenty of tips and tricks for getting the most from the Kindle Fire.
About the Author
Scott McNulty owns more Kindles than is entirely sensible. Author of "The Kindle Pocket Guide," devoted to the second-generation Kindle, he is known for his in-depth knowledge of and enthusiasm for the Kindle platform. Scott lives in Philadelphia with his wife, Marisa. By day he works at the The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and by night he blogs about whatever strikes his fancy at http://blog.blankbaby.com. He has also been known to tweet once or twice under the handle @blankbaby.