Synopses & Reviews
- Customize your device, get connected, and start surfing the web
- Increase productivity with e-mail, Skype®, and the built-in OfficeSuite Pro
- Have some fun with the latest books, apps, movies, music, and more
IN FULL COLOR!
Blaze through thousands of books, apps, photos, and more with this go-to guide to the Kindle Fire HDX
Whether you want to use your new Kindle Fire HDX for work, play, or a little of both, you'll do it all with this easy-to-read reference. You'll discover how to use Kindle Fire HDX's all-new features, download amazing apps, enjoy photos and HD video, keep in touch with social media, and, of course, enjoy a good book or two.
- Welcome home navigate the stunning touchscreen display, get to know the built-in apps, and turn to the revolutionary Mayday feature for help when you need it
- Read on! try out new books, explore the classics, borrow from Amazon's lending library, and share your finds with other fans
- All those apps extend your Kindle Fire HDX's capabilities, stay productive, and maximize your fun with amazing apps
- Multimedia madness enjoy on-the-go music, TV shows, and movies, plus get the inside entertainment scoop with the X-Ray feature
Open the book and find:
- Everything you need to know about the new Fire OS 3.0
- How to get technical support with the Mayday button
- What Amazon Prime can do for you and your pocketbook
- How Immersion Reading can enhance the learning experience
- Ways to stay social with Twitter® and Facebook®
- Details about new accessibility features, including Explore by Touch
- Tips for importing and customizing your photos
This book is for people who want to get the most from the latest in tablet technology. The Kindle Fire is Amazon’s premiere tablet, and Amazon supports the device with access to a large music and video store, a growing app store, a massive library of e-books, and a large customer database complete with stored credit card information for fast, one-click buying. The Kindle Fire is the new tablet to beat. There is a compelling draw to such technology, and an obvious popularity.
This book documents each feature, approaching it from the point of view that the online support and documentation is lacking. All topics for the Kindle Fire are covered. The reader will want to keep this book close at hand, referring to it often as they explore the many features of their new device. This edition adds information about the new services Amazon has instituted, as well as how to get the most out of the new features that come with the Android Key Lime Pie Operating System. The last two chapters cover apps for the Kindle Fire so users know about the latest/greatest apps available. New features are likely to be added to the new device and other changes to the hardware include better performance, a crisper screen, and an even more improved touch screen capabilities.
Spark your interest in Kindle Fire HDX and start burning through books, movies, music, and more with this bestselling guide!
The Kindle Fire HDX is Amazon's premiere tablet. With its new, more powerful Android operating system, this latest version has some exciting bells and whistles along with the features that have made the Fire a tablet fan favorite: access to the amazing Amazon Appstore, online music storage, a large music and video store, a huge e-book library, and easy one-step ordering from Amazon. This full-color, For Dummies guide shows you how to take advantage of all the Kindle Fire’s functionality including browsing the web, sharing photos, watching videos, playing games, downloading apps, reading newspapers and magazines, and personalizing the device for your needs.
- Covers the Kindle Fire HDX and Kindle Fire HD tablets
- Walks you through getting connected, navigating the touchscreen interface, working with Kindle Fire's built-in apps, using Amazon Cloud, and getting help from the Mayday feature
- Helps you stay in touch with social media, e-mail, and Skype and find what you’re looking for online with Amazon’s Silk web browser
- Shows you how to stay entertained with the latest apps, movies, TV shows, music, games, e-books, and other cool content for your Kindle Fire HDX or Kindle Fire HD
Blaze through Kindle Fire HDX For Dummies and start taking advantage of the hottest tablet in town today!
About the Author
Nancy C. Muir is a writer and consultant as well as the author of more than 100 books on business and technology topics. Her credits include multiple editions of Kindle Fire For Dummies, Computers For Seniors For Dummies, and Laptops For Seniors For Dummies.
Table of Contents
Part I: Getting Started with Kindle Fire HDX 5
Chapter 1: Overview of the Kindle Fire HDX 7
Chapter 2: Kindle Fire HDX Quickstart 23
Chapter 3: Kindle Fire HDX Settings 49
Part II: Taking the Leap Online 75
Chapter 4: Going Shopping 77
Chapter 5: Going Online 99
Part III: Having Fun and Getting Productive 123
Chapter 6: E-Reader Extraordinaire 125
Chapter 7: Playing Music 151
Chapter 8: Playing Video 167
Chapter 9: Going Social 181
Chapter 10: Getting Productive with Kindle Fire HDX 197
Part 4: The Part of Tens 223
Chapter 11: Ten Apps That Add Functionality to Kindle Fire HDX 225
Chapter 12: Ten (or So) Top Gaming Apps 239