Synopses & Reviews
Discover how the Kindle Touch makes reading even more fun!
It's touching just how much people love the Kindle Touch! If you're ready to find out why, check out this easy guide. You'll learn the art of navigating the touchscreen, where to find content, how to borrow e-books from the library and Amazon, things you can add to your Kindle Touch, how to play music and surf the web, problem-solving tips, and more!
Getting started set up your Kindle Touch, register it with Amazon, get the Wi-Fi working, and pick up some navigation tips
Choose a book select from your collection, learn what you can loan to friends, and borrow e-books from your local public library
You want more shop for e-books in the Kindle Store, subscribe to magazines, and review documents on your device
When you're tired of reading browse the web, listen to your favorite music, download games and apps, or let Kindle Touch read to you
Open the book and find:
Pros and cons of Wi-Fi versus 3G + Wi-Fi
Ways to convert and transfer files
Tips for using the built-in web browser
Common problems and how to fix them
Where to find free content
Cool accessories to keep your Kindle Touch clean and safe
Hints, tricks, and shortcuts for even more fun
Register your device, navigate the touchscreen, and get connected
Download e-books, newspapers, magazines, and Kindle exclusives
Add accessories, listen to audiobooks, and view documents on the go
Kindle Touch For Dummies
is a how-to guide on core and expanded operation of the new Kindle Touch. It offers detailed insight into all things readers want to know to get the most out of their Kindle Touch. Content includes:
- Getting to know Kindle Touch - basic operation, including connecting to WiFi
- Reading on your Kindle Touch - creating and managing a content collection, using text-to-speech, and making notes
- Finding content for your Kindle Touch - going beyond the Amazon Kindle bookstore to find free content, blogs, games and apps, and other Kindle goodies
- Create your own Kindle Touch content - steps on creating and converting content to Kindle formats and publishing in the Kindle store
- Accessories - a shopping list of accessories that dress up and improve a Kindle Touch
- Beyond Reading - using Kindle's extra features including audio files and photo sharing
- Troubleshooting - tips for dealing with connectivity and other typical Kindle Touch problems
Your favorite books are at your fingertips with Kindle Touch!
If you adore all things literary, you'll love the Kindle Touch. Learn why with this handy little guide to one of Amazon's bestselling e-readers. You'll learn the art of navigating the touchscreen, where to find content, how to borrow e-books from the library and Amazon, things you can add to your Kindle Touch, how to play music and surf the web, problem-solving tips, and more!
- Walks you through setting up your Kindle Touch, registering it with Amazon, getting connected, and navigating the touchscreen interface
- Covers shopping for e-books in the Kindle Store, subscribing to magazines, sharing your favorite books with friends, and borrowing e-books from your local public library
- Explains ways to use your Kindle Touch for more than just reading, including browsing the web, listening to music, playing games, and taking advantage of some amazing apps
- Shows you where to find free stuff, cool accessories, and help troubleshooting common problems
Kindle Touch For Dummies is your fun and easy guide to getting a feel for all your Kindle Touch has to offer.
About the Author
Leslie H. Nicoll provides editorial support to writers through her company, Maine Desk, and is a moderator in the KindleBoards Community. Harvey Chute maintains KindleBoards.com, a message-board community dedicated to the Kindle. They co-authored Kindle 3 For Dummies.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting to Know Your Kindle Touch 7
Chapter 2: Reading on Your Kindle Touch 37
Chapter 3: Finding Content for Your Kindle Touch 61
Chapter 4: Putting Your Own Documents on Your Kindle Touch 83
Chapter 5: Accessories: Making Your Kindle Touch Look Sharp 95
Chapter 6: Beyond Reading: Other Kindle Touch Features 113
Chapter 7: Troubleshooting 127
Chapter 8: Ten Helpful Kindle Touch Tips 137