Synopses & Reviews
Just weeks after inheriting Rosebank, a once-magnificent plantation on the banks of Bayou Teche, David Patin was killed in a mysterious fire, leaving his daughter, Vivian, almost bankrupt. With few options remaining, Vivian Patin decides to restore the family fortunes by turning Rosebank into a resort hotel.
Murder changes everything.
Vivian's dream becomes a nightmare when she finds the family's lawyer dead on the sprawling grounds of the estate--with a rose in his chest and a brilliant lipstick mark on his cheek. Suddenly Vivian begins to wonder if her father's death was really an accident. . .and if the entire Patin family is marked for murder.
Can the killing be stopped?
Sheriff Spike Devol is smart, honest, tough--and sexy. Rosebank is not in his jurisdiction, but Vivian, fed up with the corrupt local police, asks him for unofficial help. The instant attraction between them leaves Spike reluctant to get involved--until another shocking murder occurs and it seems that Vivian will be the next victim.
- Stella Cameron is a New York Times, USA Today and Washington Post bestselling author of over 50 novels.
- The hardcover of Kiss Them Goodbye (Mira Books, 11/03) received wide critical acclaim, including a nomination to the Book Sense 76 bestseller list.
- The Orphan (Mira Books, 3/02) reached #21 on the New York Times extended bestseller list, was a USA Today bestseller and achieved a 57% NSR.
- Snow Angels (Mira Books, 10/01 reissue) reached #35 on the New York Times extended bestseller list and achieved a 54% NSR.
- 7B (Mira Books, 3/01) reached #31 on the New York Times extended list and achieved a 55% NSR.
- Her many awards include a Romantic Times Career Achievement Award for romantic suspense.
- Her single-title releases consistently appear on chain bestseller lists.