Synopses & Reviews
Revealing the best of handcrafted knives
You don't have to be the world's utmost authority on custom knives, a collector of high-end pieces with pockets deeper than the Grand Canyon, a maker yourself or an authoritative historian to appreciate the utility and beauty of the handmade blades in this book. Celebrating its 34th annual edition, Knives 2014 boldly goes where no other knife book has gone before, attempting to showcase the best of the best in handmade and production blades.
The world's finest knives--whether everyday carry pieces, hunters, bushcraft blades, flipper folders or highly embellished works of art--find a home in Knives 2014. And each is complemented by well-researched information and specifications of every model.
Add in a comprehensive Custom Knifemaker Directory, including email addresses, websites, phone numbers, specialties and technical information, and it becomes apparent why those in the industry own every volume of this coveted book.
- Fascinating feature articles cover climbing knives, the "Decathlete of Big Blades"--the camp knife, art knives, automatics, high-carbon-steel blades, antique pocketknives, straight razors, "Blades of the Grand Bazaar" and even mauls for splitting wood.
- World's most complete Directory of Custom Knifemakers
- Hot trends in handmade knives.
- State of the art embellishments and knifemaking techniques.
- Comprehensive overview of knives and their makers.
More knives, articles, information, trend-setting innovations and state-of-the-art knifemaking methods than any other book on the market