Synopses & Reviews
The easiest technical book you'll ever read. Open it up and see for yourself!
Join Professor Smiley's Visual Basic .Net class as he teaches essential skills in programming, coding, and more. Using a student-instructor conversational format, this book starts at the very beginning with crucial programming fundamentals. You'll quickly learn how to identify customer needs so you can create an application that achieves programming objectives--just like experienced programmers. By identifying clear client goals, you'll learn important programming basics--like how computers view input and execute output based on the information they are given--then use those skills to develop real-world applications. Participate in this one-of-a-kind classroom experience and see why Professor Smiley is renowned for making learning fun and easy.
- Understand computers at a fundamental level, and see how the programs you write fit into the Windows environment
- Get briefed on essential terminology, including memory, data types, and graphical user interface
- Prepare for successful programming by learning the Visual Basic Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Learn how to write a Visual Basic program by first developing the user Interface--then write code to complete its functionality
- Understand the proper sequence to events and writing code
- Perform more detailed programming functions like string manipulation, loops, and arrays
More than 100,000 people have learned how to program from Professor John Smiley. In this unique guide, the guru himself will teach you, in a classroom setting, how to program with Visual Basic.NET. Learn from more than 2000 questions and answers as well as real-world programming projects.