Synopses & Reviews
Learn AutoCAD from the source!
This beautiful full-color Official Training Guide from Autodesk is the perfect resource for architects, engineers, designers, and students who need a thorough guide to AutoCAD. With training provided by experts who helped create the software, the book thoroughly covers AutoCAD principles and fundamentals, including 2D drawing, design, drafting, annotations, hatching, and more. And it's packed with screen shots and real-world examples that both instruct and inspire. Practical for both self-paced learners and instructor-led study, this guide also provides essential AutoCAD certification preparation.
- Covers the most essential issues of AutoCAD 2010 and AutoCAD 2010 LT for architects, engineers, designers, and students; this Autodesk Official Training Guide is created by the makers of the software
- Offers Autodesk's proven AutoCAD techniques, workflows, and content tailored to those developing their skills as well as professionals preparing for AutoCAD certification
- Teaches 2D drawing, design, drafting, dimensioning, annotations, hatching, and more
- Demonstrates best practices for working with drawing objects such as splines and polylines, as well as using drawing templates
- The beautiful full-color book features real-world designs, examples, and screen shots
This unparalleled book contains everything you need to know about AutoCAD 2010 and AutoCAD LT 2010!
Written by the experts who created the software, Learning AutoCAD features discussions and hands-on exercises that teach readers fundamental AutoCAD principles and functionality, including 2D drawing, design, drafting, drawing organization, annotations, dimensioning, hatching, and more. The book also serves as crucial AutoCAD Certification preparation.
The book opens with an exploration of the interface and explains basic drawing functionality and object manipulation before showing how to best organize and edit drawings with layers, linetypes, and more. Readers then learn how to work with layouts, dimensions, and annotations before learning sophisticated hatch techniques using gradients, fills, and patterns. Finally, readers learn best-practices techniques for working with such drawing objects as splines and polylines as well as using drawing templates and getting great results when printing and exporting.
The thorough resource, which is effective for self-paced learning as well as instructor-led courses, features examples from both the architectural and mechanical design fields, Autodesk customer success stories that highlight how AutoCAD was used to create the compelling designs, and step-by-step exercises focused on real-world designs, examples, illustrations, processes, and procedures.