Synopses & Reviews
For forty-five years, Let's Go Travel Guides
have brought budget-savvy travelers closer to the world by providing the most up-to-date information.
· Entries in a range of price levels for lodging, food, shopping, and more
· Must-have tips for skirting lines at the Louvre and ordering food like a local
· Exploration of the dynamic area around Canal St-Martin and rue Oberkampf
· Coverage of Bastille Day festivities, including the best places to view the fireworks
· Opportunities to make a difference through work, study, and volunteering
· Detailed maps of Paris, from the Palais Royal to the Périphérique
Featuring Not-to-be-Missed Experiences
Catch a glimpse of up-and-coming artists at the galleries of St-Germain-des-Prés.
Inside Scoops & Hidden Deals
Ascend in a hot-air balloon from Parc André Citroën for an aerial view of the city.
Off the Beaten Path
Pick strawberries on the lush grounds of the Château de Chantilly.
"For independent travelers on a budget, with an emphasis on whatever's hip, fun, or free."
- Associated Press
"Guides that penetrate the veneer of holiday brochures and mine the grit of real life."
- The Economist
Completely revised and updated, Let's Go: Paris
is your insider's guide to the City of Light. Our forty-five years of travel savvy deliver everything you need to know to be mistaken for a native, from an expanded introduction to contemporary Paris to tips on ordering un café like a local. This edition examines Paris from every angle, telling you where to find falafel on rue de Rosiers and giving you opportunities to experience the city's social issues first-hand. So, whether you'd rather savor foie gras under the gaze of wine-making wax monks or stroll the cobblestone Quai de Valmy near the locks of Canal St-Martin, Let's Go can show you the way.