Synopses & Reviews
Make learning French fun for kids through music
All little kids adore music, so why not tap into this natural affinity to get young kids hooked on foreign language learning? That's precisely what the unique Let's Sing and Learn in French does.
With a songbook of twenty original melodies, Let's Sing and Learn in French (CD edition) teaches basic French vocabulary and expressions in a fresh, exciting way. Instead of trying to memorize greetings, numbers, colors, and days and months, your child will enjoy the fun of putting them to music. While singing "Le printemps (The spring)," not only will your child be actively engaged, but the lessons learned will stay with her much longer as she associates the new words with easy-to-remember rhythms and beats.
Pop in the twenty-five-minute CD and listen as your child sings along in French with other kids on the recording, belting out these delightful tunes and learning about everyday subjects at the same time. Features include:
- Songbook of twenty original tunes will have your child, aged three to six, singing in French in no time
- English translation of lyrics to build your child's French vocabulary
- Simple chords and musical notation allow you accompany your child on guitar or piano
- Kid singers on the CD model proper French pronunciation and intonation
- CD format allows for easy song location and quick replay
Whether you're an educator, parent, babysitter, or caregiver, you'll be amazed at how quickly kids, even the shiest in the bunch, catch on to French when music is the medium!
Grownups have been using simple songs to teach young children the rudiments of languages since long before people danced sur le pont d'Avignon. Now the Let's Sing and Learn series, CD Editions brings that tried-and-true method up-to-date for today's modern kid. Each book/CD set contains a collection of 20 original songs that combine catchy melodies with simple, cleverly-disguised lessons in vocabulary and expression.
One of the oldest and best ways to teach kids languages, updated for the 21st century
Grownups have been using simple songs to teach young children the rudiments of languages since long before people danced sur le pont d'Avignon. Now the Let's Sing and Learn series, CD Editions brings that tried-and-true method up-to-date for today's modern kid. Each book/CD set contains collection of 20 original songs that combine catchy melodies with simple, cleverly-disguised lessoning vocabulary and expression.
Written by accomplished songwriter-linguists, the songs cover a variety of subjects, including greetings, colors, counting, the alphabet, the days of the month, relationships, and more. And most importantly, the songs are easy to learn and fun to sing, making them the perfect medium for introducing children, ages three to six, to the words, accents, and rhythms of other languages.
Each book/CD set includes:
- 20 original tunes covering an array of everyday subjects
- A CD recording of the songs that provides a model of proper pronunciation and rhythm
- Simple musical scores that parents and teachers can use to accompany young learners
- English translations for each song and suggested actions
About the Author
McGraw-Hill authors represent the leading experts in their fields and are dedicated to improving the lives, careers, and interests of readers worldwide