Synopses & Reviews
This new edition covers both of Reagan's terms of office as well as the Bush administration.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 397-418) and index.
Table of Contents
1. The Founding Father: Franklin D. Roosevelt
2. The Commoner: Harry S. Truman
3. The Crisis and Regeneration of Republican Conservatism: Dwight D. Eisenhower, Robert A. Taft, and Joseph R. McCarthy
4. The Politics of Prophecy: Martin Luther King, Jr.
5. From the Old Politics to the New: John and Robert Kennedy
6. The Politics of Excess: Lyndon B. Johnson
7. The Flawed Challenger: Richard M. Nixon
8. The Roosevelt of the Right: Ronald Reagan
Epilogue: The Exhaustion of Liberalism, the Limits of Conservatism, and the Enduring Deadlock of Democracy