Synopses & Reviews
Witty, irreverent, opinionated, honest, laugh-out-loud funny. These are just a few of the adjectives that have been used to describe the writing of Rick Reilly, the six-time National Sportswriter of the Year, who has entertained the readers of Sports Illustrated for 16 years with his unique perspective on the world of sports and life in general. Now, in The Life of Reilly, Rick has selected over 60 of his finest stories to create a collection that will amuse, inform, and provoke sports fans and non-fans alike. The book is organized around Reilly's seven Rs: Rants, Raves, Reality, Roots, Rough, Wrecks, and Royalty. There are features on sports greats, rants against high-profile athletic programs, tales of golfing glory in and out of the spotlight, reflections on enduring values and the true meaning of sacrifice, and personal stories about the Reilly family trials and tribulations and much more Those of you who know Reilly's work will be pleased to revisit the master; those who don't will be thrilled to discover an extraordinary talent. This book was a New York Times bestseller in hardcover.
- A New York Times bestseller in hardcover-now in softcover
- Rick Reilly has chosen over 60 of his finest stories to create a collection that is sure to amuse, inform, and provoke sports fans and non fans alike.
- Contains new material not included in hardcover.
- In his 16th year as a Senior Writer for Sports Illustrated Magazine, Rick Reilly has been voted National Sportswriter of the Year seven times.
- Reilly has won several awards in his 24-year career, including the New York Newspaper Guild's Page One Award for Best Magazine Story.
- Reilly is also the co-author of TheBoz, Gretzky, and others. His most recent novel is titled Slo-Mo