Synopses & Reviews
This text will prepare you to successfully pass the CMA and RMA national medical assisting certification exams. A unique pretest provides analysis of your strong and weak areas, and helps you to develop a tailored and highly effective study plan. The book's format is engaging and comprehensive yet concise, infusing humor and motivational strategies to help you thoroughly review and prepare for certification. This simple and effective approach is purposely designed to keep you focused. And, you are sure to benefit from a full unit devoted to exam day preparation, which provides invaluable practice and review.
Special Features Include
- A Study Plan that uncovers your strong and weak areas through pretest results. Based on these scores, you can create a focused and successful strategy for study
- Answer Rationales are provided that clearly reinforce your understanding of the material immediately. No flipping back and forth to review your answers!
- A fully updated CD-ROM with two practice exams (one for CMA and one for RMA) that accompany the text for additional practice and review
- An encouraging tone throughout the chapters with asides, icon-style art, and an open layout, instills confidence to tackle even the most complicated subject matter
- A tear-out bookmark lets you cover your answers and rationales, and serves as a convenient study aid
This text gives you the tools and information that you'll need to succeed on the CMA or RMA exams!
Among all of the review products available, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins' Medical Assisting Exam Review for CMA, RMA & CMAS Certification
is one of the most popular because of its focus on student engagement, thorough coverage, and accessible style. Now in its Third Edition, this review guide prepares medical assisting students for successfully passing a national medical assisting certification exam (CMA, RMA, and CMAS exams). This text is comprehensive, focuses on engagement, and is written in a concise style that infuses humor and motivational strategies. The book first helps the user identify areas of strength and weakness, then guides the user through developing a study plan. Following this, practice exams included in the ancillary suite will help students assess their progress and continue working toward success on the exam.
This text will prepare medical assisting candidates to successfully pass the CMA and RMA national medical assisting certification exams. A unique pretest helps students identify their strong and weak areas and develop a tailored and highly effective study plan. The book is comprehensive yet concise and engaging, with humor, an encouraging tone, motivational strategies, and a simple and effective approach designed to keep readers focused. Each chapter ends with multiple-choice programmed-learning style questions, with answers and brief rationales in an adjacent column. A full unit is devoted to exam day preparation.
A fully updated bound-in CD-ROM contains two practice exams, one for CMA and one for RMA.
This package contains the following products:
· 9780781770057 Kronenberger Study Guide to Accompany Lippincott Williams & Wilkins'
· 9780781770040 Kronenberger Lippincott Williams & Wilkins' Comprehensive Medical Assisting
· 9780781771696 Gohsman Medical Assisting Made Incredibly Easy: Law and Ethics
· 9781609133689 Houser Lippincott Williams & Wilkins' Medical Assisting Exam Review
This package contains the following products:
- 9781609133689 Houser Lippincott Williams & Wilkins' Medical Assisting Exam Review for CMA, RMA & CMAS Certification, 3e
- 9781451120370 Kronenberger Lippincott Williams and Wilkins' Pocket Guide for Medical Assisting, 4e
- 9781469837444 Lippincott Nursing2015 Drug Handbook
This Fourth Edition of Lippincott Williams & Wilkins' Medical Assisting Exam Review for CMA, RMA & CMAS Certification
focuses on the critical most current components of the MA and MAS curricula, making it an indispensable tool for recent graduates, practicing medical assistants, medical administrative specialists and medical administrative assistants preparing to sit for any recognized national certification exams.
Take advantage of a unique approach that uses a pretest with analysis to help users identify their strengths and weaknesses and develop their own personalized study plan to streamline review and practice. This proven book is packed with study smart resources, including more than 3,000 questions and six timed, simulated exams available online, as well as study tips and exam-taking strategies.
Updated and enhanced with new information on key topics that affect medical assistants, the Fourth Edition now includes new chapter-ending Critical Thinking Case Reviews.
Table of Contents
Unit I: The Starting Point Chapter 1: The Certification Process Chapter 2: Pretest and Analysis Chapter 3: Making Your Plan
Unit II: General Knowledge Chapter 4: Law and Ethics Chapter 5: Medical Terminology Chapter 6: Anatomy and Physiology Chapter 7: Communication Chapter 8: Patient Education
Unit III: Administrative Practice Chapter 9: Telephone Techniques and Technology Chapter 10: Appointment Scheduling Chapter 11: Medical Records Chapter 12: Correspondence Chapter 13: Medical Insurance Chapter 14: Medical Coding and Claims Chapter 15: Financial Practices
Unit IV: Clinical Practice Chapter 16: Microorganisms and Asepsis Chapter 17: Patient Exams Chapter 18: Minor Surgical Procedures Chapter 19: The Electrocardiogram Chapter 20: Laboratory Procedures Chapter 21: Diagnostic Imaging and Radiation Therapy Chapter 22: Physical Modalities Chapter 23: Nutrition Chapter 24: Pharmacology and Medication Administration Chapter 25: Emergencies in the Medical Office
Unit V: Exam Preparedness Chapter 26: Certifcation Exam Day Advice Practice Exam Answer Sheet Answers to the Pracice Exam Index