Synopses & Reviews
Organized into eight chapters, Listomania
covers questions of human behavior, trivia facts about geography (past and present), etymology, mythology, ancient and recent history, as well as pop culture. Some of the lists included are:
- 10 Tiny Terrors: a list of the ten most petite world leaders (yes, some were shorter than Napoleon!)
- 43 Famous People Who Were Adopted (e.g. Steve Jobs, Debbie Harry, Mark Twain, Alexander the Great)
- 15 Movies Featuring Giant Rabbits
- 10 Top Cheese Eating Countries( note correspondence to the top ten happiest countries)
- 8 Dastardly Ponzi Schemes
- 38 Ancient Cities (That People Still Live In)
- 28 Prehistoric Creatures Named for Famous People or Cool Things (e.g. Dracorex Hogwartsia, Attenborosaurus, and Psephorus Terrypratchetti)
Illustrated in full color with playful images, graphs, charts, captions, and photographs, this colorful book brings a new face to trivia and is sure to wow readers, surprise them, and make them laugh from cover to cover. Listomania functions as a practical information resource as well as a fun and quirky gift for readers of any age.
From the same team that brought you Show Me How and More Show Me How comes a whole new way of looking at the crazy facts that drive the world—and discovering that real life is not only stranger than fiction but more unexpected than anything youve ever dreamed of. Trivia fanatics and anyone fascinated by the new frontiers of visual information design—with books like Everything Explained through Flowcharts, Visual Miscellaneum, and the cartooning of Chris Ware—will be enthralled by the quirky, captivating graphics of Listomania.
About the Author
With two infographic books under their belt (Show Me How, 2008 and More Show Me How, 2010), the Show Me How Team knows how to combine pictures and images in a manner that communicates information in an effective yet exciting manner. This team knows how to make facts fun and are eager to enlighten us with this next compilation of hilarious and hard-to-believe trivia.