Synopses & Reviews
Succeed in your course and prepare for effective practice with Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing: 6th Edition. Focused throughout on helping you develop the skills and knowledge you’ll need on the job, this practical book explores the full psychiatric nursing curriculum and gives you opportunities to practice specific nursing interventions, build therapeutic communication skills, and apply content within the framework of the nursing process. A study guide built into every chapter helps you master key concepts and build critical reasoning skills.
- Identify major disorders through clinical vignettes that “paint a picture” of the disorder in action.
- Prepare for effective practice with Best Practice boxes.
- Increase your clinical decision-making skills with the Psych Nursing Online Video Series that shows realistic patient scenarios, and then asks you to make decisions and answer questions.
- Learn what to look for in your clients through non-judgmental, cartoon-like illustrations that depict disorders.
- Master key concepts and skills through Critical Thinking questions, Chapter Reviews, and a built-in chapter Study Guide that provides workbook-style fill-in, short-answer, and NCLEX-style questions that test knowledge and understanding. Answers appear at the back of the book.
- Enhance your personal and professional development through chapter-ending Self-Awareness features that encourage you to reflect on yourself, your emotions, and your attitudes.
- Build skills in culturally sensitive practice through Cultural Considerations sections.
- Enhance your therapeutic communication skills through Therapeutic Communication Dialogues, which are set off with an icon and give specific examples of nurse-client interactions.
- Strengthen your role as an educator through Client/Family Education boxes.
LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE
Meet Laura Ingalls, the little girl who would grow up to write the Little House books.
Pa Ingalls decides to sell the little log house, and the family sets out for Indian country! They travel from Wisconsin to Kansas, and there, finally, Pa builds their little house on the prairie. Sometimes farm life is difficult, even dangerous, but Laura and her family are kept busy and are happy with the promise of their new life on the prairie.
Meet Laura Ingalls, the little girl who would grow up to write the world-famous Little House books. Pa sells the house, and the family sets out for Indian country! Sometimes farm life is difficult, even dangerous, but Laura and her family are kept busy and are happy with the promise of their new life on the prairie. Includes charm locket.
About the Author
Laura Ingalls Wilder was born in 1867 in the log cabin described in Little House in the Big Woods. She and her family traveled by covered wagon across the Midwest. Later, Laura and her husband, Almanzo Wilder, made their own covered-wagon trip with their daughter, Rose, to Mansfield, Missouri. There, believing in the importance of knowing where you began in order to appreciate how far you've come, Laura wrote about her childhood growing up on the American frontier. For millions of readers, Laura lives on forever as the little pioneer girl in the beloved Little House books.