Synopses & Reviews
The top-selling Complete
series has been fully revised, with all new supplemental material and a bonus wallet phrase card for travelers. Each program contains everything a beginner needs–a coursebook with 40 lessons, three hours of recordings on three CDs, a quick-reference learners dictionary, and an all-new indispensable wallet phrase card, all in a convenient and compact package.
The courses still use the popular and effective conversation building-block method, but all content has been thoroughly updated and now includes e-mail essentials and internet resources for each of the eight languages in the series. In addition, 18 supplemental vocabulary sections, covering such topics as “Family and Relationships,” “On the Job,” “Sports and Recreation,” and “Around Town,” are now included. As an added bonus, the new handy wallet phrase card with 300 essential words and phrases is the perfect reference for on-the-go learners, travelers, and businesspeople.
With a fresh look, great new features, and the same rock-solid approach to language learning, the best-selling Complete series is better than ever!
SPEAK ITALIAN WITH CONFIDENCE IN JUST 6 WEEKS!
The Living Language® Italian Complete Course teaches the basics of Italian language and usage. It uses a highly effective speed-learning method developed by U.S. government experts to teach languages to overseas-bound service personnel and diplomats.
THREE 60-MINUTE COMPACT DISCS WITH 40 LESSONS
• Begin with simple words and progress to complex phrases and sentences.
• Just listen and repeat after the native speakers on the recordings to learn naturally, the way you learned English.
• 40 lessons from the recordings with translations, additional vocabulary, detailed explanations, quizzes, and reviews.
• Verb charts, a comprehensive grammar summary, and a section on letter writing are also included.
ITALIAN–ENGLISH / ENGLISH–ITALIAN DICTIONARY
• More than 20,000 words, idioms, and expressions.
• Examples show how words are used in everyday conversation.
• 1,000 frequently used words are highlighted for easy reference.
Since 1946, when Living Language pioneered study-at-home foreign language programs, the Complete Basic conversational series has been miles ahead of its competition. Originally designed to train overseas-bound diplomats and military personnel by Living Language's founder, Ralph Weiman (head of the US Government's War Department), this series has constantly evolved to meet all language needs, whether for work, school, travel, or fun.
Today the series includes eight languages with a coursebook, learner's dictionary, and three hours of recordings -- all for only $25.00. The price simply can't be beat! Best of all, every language in the series is now available on cassette or compact disc.