Synopses & Reviews
Martha Stewart’s engaging handbook for living your healthiest life after 40 — with expertise from doctors and specialists on eating, exercise, wellness, home, and organizing, as well as caring for others.
Martha Stewart’s Living the Good Long Life is a practical guide unlike any other: honest and upbeat, with clear and motivating charts, resources, and tips from doctors and wellness specialists. From the best ways to organize your home to protecting your mental well-being and appearance as you age, this book gives accessible ideas that you can incorporate every day. And when it’s time to explore caregiving for others, you’ll know how to enrich their quality of life while preventing your own fatigue.
Martha’s 10 Golden Rules for Successful Aging provide a framework for chapters that cover your changing needs with every decade, including:
- Healthy Eating: Stock a healthy pantry for your dietary needs.
- Healthy Fitness: Stand strong on your feet by increasing your balance, endurance, and flexibility.
- A Healthy Brain: Stimulate new brain activity to prevent memory loss.
- A Healthy Outlook: Maintain a sense of daily purpose by strengthening social connections.
- Healthy Living Every Day: Medicate wisely while paying attention to aches and pains.
- Healthy Looks: Take care of your skin and match your makeup to your age.
- Healthy Home: Create a home that is a reflection of how you want to live.
- Healthy Living into the Future: Be your own wellness CEO to prevent future illness.
- Healthy Caring: Prepare for helping others while caring for yourself, and much more!
Healthy living begins with establishing small habits, and with Living the Good Long Life you’ll have a dependable source for thriving in your 40s, 50s, 60s, and beyond.
About the Author
MARTHA STEWART is the author of dozens of bestselling books on cooking, entertaining, gardening, weddings, and decorating. She founded THE MARTHA STEWART CENTER FOR LIVING (MSCL) at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York, a primary care practice that specializes in treating geriatric health conditions, as well as offering activities, classes and programs designed to help older adults get active and stay active well into old age.
Table of Contents
The Ten Golden Rules for Successful Aging
Part 1: Healthy Living Today
Chapter 1: Healthy Eating
Chapter 2: Healthy Fitness
Chapter 3: Healthy Brain
Chapter 4: Healthy Outlook
Chapter 5: Healthy Living Every Day
Chapter 6: Healthy Looks
Chapter 7: Healthy Home
Part 2: Healthy Living into Tomorrow
Chapter 8: Healthy Living into the Future
Chapter 9: Healthy Caring