Synopses & Reviews
This guide is your window into the incredible marine world of South Africa and southern Mozambique. Explore the vast kelp forests of the Cape, home to seal and penguin colonies and their nemesis, the great white shark. Find the cold-water coral garden of Port Elizabeth, the shipwrecks of Aliwal Shoals, the tropical divresity at Sodwana, and the whale sharks and thriving corals of Mozambique.
In This Guide:
Detailed dive information to 90 sites.
Full-color photos throughout.
11 maps of the dive regions.
Listings of dive service operators.
Guide to common and hazardous marine life.
'Lonely Planet, the intrepid traveler's bible...' --Los Angeles Times, April 2005
- only guidebook dedicated to diving & snorkeling in South Africa & Mozambique
- 55 spectacular sites, from easy reef snorkels to close encounters with sharks
- full-color pictorial guide to South Africa's marine life
- comprehensive list of diving services
- practical advice about diving health & safety