Synopses & Reviews
More than 330 million Hindu deities, one billion people and a burgeoning software industry India is as dynamic as it is enduring. This essential guide takes you from energetic 'e-age' cities to tranquil temple towns.
- 196 maps, including a colour country map
- New colour section profiling India's stunning arts and crafts traditions
- Endless accommodation options so you can travel simply like a sadhu or superbly like a maharaja
- Vital advice on staying healthy and avoiding scams and conflict areas
- Tastebud-tempting coverage of India's delectable cuisine
Includes 226 maps; stunning color section featuring highlights on the wonder that is India; array of Indian arts/crafts; accommodation/transport options to suit all budgets.
India promises travel on a grand scale: colorful, exciting, at times exasperating, but never dull. This bestselling and indispensable guide is revered for its practical information on the complexities of travel in India, exquisitely detailed maps, good-value listings for all budgets, and essential advice on Indian culture, solo travel, language, and bargaining color. 200 maps.
Crammed with practical information on India, this guide features accommodation options from the palatial to the ultra-cheap, with 16 full-colour pages of highlights plus themed itineraries and special sections on Indian cuisine, arts and crafts.