Synopses & Reviews
Wild Yellowstone amazes visitors with its hydrothermal spectacles and free-roaming bison, while Grand Teton thrills with its rugged mountains and icy lakes. Whether you want to gaze at Old Faithful or hike among the peaks, gear up with this top-selling guide to two of the USA's most spectacular national parks.
Detailed Itineraries - explore Yellowstone and Grand Teton with over 20 great itineraries, plus trips to Jackson Hole and Cody, and along the Beartooth Highway
Best Hiking Routes - includes 40 of the most enjoyable hikes around lakes and geysers, up mountains and into the backcountry, with easy-to-use charts and topographic hiking maps
Family Friendly Options - information on education programs, campfire talks, ranger walks and the best hikes for little legs in our special Kids &Pets chapter
Adventure Ideas - covers hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking, rafting, wolf-watching, snowboarding, dogsledding, kayaking, swimming, volunteering and much more
With 2000 hours of in-park research and over 280 miles of trails hiked, our authors offer sound advice for visitors
"A lively, well-written and comprehensive guide to the best place on earth, in the accessible and authoritative Lonely Planet manner." Tim Cahill
From geysers to grizzlies, bison to bald eagles, this snappy guide introduces experts & tenderfeet alike to the wild & woolly wonders of both parks plus nearby attractions. Over 30 maps, including 1,200 miles of remote trails and outdoor activities for all skill levels.
Wild, spectacular Yellowstone thrills visitors with gushing geysers and free-roaming wildlife. Grand Teton entices with jagged peaks and glacial lakes. Packed with information for everyone from families with small children to hardcore outdoor adventurers, this guide takes you there.
* Thermal Wonders: From world-famous Old Faithful to gem-colored hot springs, Yellowstone's wild thermal features.
* Wildlife: Bison, elk, bears, moose, wolves, bald eagles - this guide tells you where to spot them.
* Outdoor Fun: The best spots for hiking, camping, rock-climbing, skiing, fishing, boating, and more.
* Insider Tips: Hundreds of places to stay, eat, and play, as well as how to find a wealth of hidden treasures.
* Beyond the Parks: From the Wild West bluster of Cody to the exhilarating ski slopes of Jackson Hole.
From geysers to grizzlies, bison to bald eagles, this guide introduces experts and novices alike to the wild and woolly wonders of both Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks, plus nearby attractions. Family-friendly travel tips are included, as well as outdoor activities.