Synopses & Reviews
Grades K-4 National Science Standards
- Science as Inquiry: I
- Form questions about objects, organisms, and events in the environment
- Conduct investigations
- Physical Science: II
- Objects have many observable properties, including size, weight, shape, color, temperature, and the ability to react with other substances.
- Materials can exist in different states--solid, liquid, and gas. Some common materials can be changed from one state to another by heating and cooling.
- Light travels in a straight line until it strikes an object. Light can be absorbed by the object.
- Heat can be produced in many ways, such as burning, rubbing, or mixing one substance with another. Heat can move from one object to another by conduction.