Synopses & Reviews
Easy steps for setting up e-mail, downloading music, and more
Create a Slideshow
1.Open iPhoto and select a picture roll or album from which you want to base your slideshow.
2.Click Slideshow near the bottom of the iPhoto window. A new slideshow is created, as shown in Figure 15-9, and it contains all the images in the roll or album you selected in Step 1.
3.To remove an image from the slideshow, click and drag it to the Trash icon in the Source panel.
4.To add photos from other albums or rolls, simply click and drag the photos to the desired slideshow in the Source panel.
To change the order of images, click and drag their thumbnails left or right at the top of the Slideshow window.
Get Ready To:
- Manage system preferences
- Customize Dashboard widgets
- Chat online or create a blog
- Edit digital photos and make movies
- Network wirelessly with AirPort
- Connect to Bluetooth devices
The Dummies Way
- Concise, step-by-step instructions
- "Get in, get out" information
- Easy-to-recognize tasks and topics
- Quick solutions to get it done
- A dash of humor and fun
What the book covers: Mac OS X Basics, adjusting system preferences, creating an managing user accounts, managing files and folders, using the Dashboard, networking wirelessly with AirPort, using iTunes and iPods, connecting to a Windows network, watching videos and DVDs, viewing and organizing pictures with iPhoto, making movies with iMovie, blogging and Web designing with iWeb, using a .Mac account, and more. Series features: Just the Steps For Dummies books present readers with concise, step-by-step instructions for carrying out the activities essential to achieving competence in the technology. General layout: Minimal front matter Two-column, landscape layout features numbered step lists in the left column and visual elements in the right column Chapter openers present the topics covered along with page numbers to help readers find and accomplish specific tasks fast Short introduction with standard headings Eliminates elements such as sidebars and text on parts pages
- Eliminates lengthy introductions, detailed explanations, and sidebars, focusing on what new Mac OS X users want most-clear instructions on how to accomplish specific tasks
- An easy-to-navigate landscape layout featuring a two-column design and illustrated step-by-step instructions make it easy to find a specific task fast and get it done in a flash
- Tasks covered include adjusting system preferences, creating and managing user accounts, managing files and folders, using the Dashboard, networking wirelessly with AirPort, using iTunes and iPods, connecting to a Windows network, watching videos and DVDs, viewing and organizing pictures with iPhoto, making movies with iMovie, blogging and Web designing with iWeb, and using a .Mac account
- Published to coincide with Apple's release of Leopard
* Published to coincide with Apple's release of Leopard
About the Author
Keith Underdahl is a graphic designer, electronic publishing specialist, and freelance writer from Oregon. He has written numerous books, including Digital Video For Dummies 4th Edition, Adobe Premiere Elements For Dummies, Wi-Fi Home Networking Just the Steps For Dummies, and more.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Using OS X.
Chapter 1: Customizing OS X.
Chapter 2: Creating and Managing User Accounts.
Chapter 3: Managing Files and Folders.
Chapter 4: Adjusting System Preferences.
Part 2: Getting to Work in OS X.
Chapter 5: Utilizing OS X Applications.
Chapter 6: Using Productivity Software.
Chapter 7: Using Dashboard.
Part 3: Going Online with Your Mac.
Chapter 8: Sending E-Mail and Browsing the Internet.
Chapter 9: Using a .Mac Account.
Chapter 10: Blogging and Web Designing with iWeb.
Chapter 11: Chatting on Your Mac.
Part 4: Using Multimedia.
Chapter 12: Using iTunes and iPods.
Chapter 13: Working with Third Party MP3 Players.
Chapter 14: Watching Videos and DVDs.
Chapter 15: Viewing, Organizing, and Improving Pictures.
Chapter 16: Making Movies.
Part 5: Networking Your Mac.
Chapter 17: Networking Wirelessly with AirPort.
Chapter 18: Sharing Resources.
Chapter 19: Connecting to Windows Networks.
Chapter 20: Networking Safely.
Part 6: Extending Your Mac’s Capabilities.
Chapter 21: Connecting to Bluetooth Devices.
Chapter 22: Networking with Older Macs.
Chapter 23: Upgrading Your Mac.
Chapter 24: Installing and Using Windows Programs.