Synopses & Reviews
Machinery's Handbook has been the most popular reference work in metalworking, design, engineering and manufacturing facilities, and in technical schools and colleges throughout the world for nearly 100 years.
The Machinery's Handbook 29 CD-ROM contains the complete contents of the print edition, presented in Adobe PDF format. This popular and well-known format allows viewing and printing of pages that are identical to those of the printed book, permits rapid searching of the entire Handbook, and includes the ability to magnify the view of any page. Navigation aids in the form of thousands of clickable bookmarks, page cross references, and index entries take you quickly to any page referenced. Besides the full print edition, the CD-ROM includes over 500 pages of additional data, mostly material that was published in previous print editions but subsequently removed due to space restrictions. The 29th Edition CD-ROM also provides an expanded array of the popular INTERACTIVE MATH EQUATIONS. Users will be able to instantly calculate cutting speeds, dimensions of bevels, moments of inertia, the measurement of various screw threads, the center of gravity for any shape, hardness of material, volumes, taper angles, matrices,
and much, much more. Minimum requirements: Windows Operating System, 32-and 64-bit; Internet connection for authorization and Interactive Math.
- New to this edition
micromachining, expanded material on calculation of hole coordinates, an introduction to metrology, further contributions to the sheet metal and presses section, shaft alignment, taps and tapping, helical coil screw thread inserts, solid geometry, distinguishing between bolts and screws, statistics, calculating thread dimensions, keys and keyways, miniature screws, metric screw threads, and fluid mechanics.
- Numerous major sections have been extensively reworked and renovated throughout, including Mathematics, Mechanics and Strength of Materials, Properties of Materials, Dimensioning, Gaging and Measuring, Machining Operations, Manufacturing Process, Fasteners, Threads and Threading, and Machine Elements.
- The metric content has been greatly expanded. Throughout the book, wherever practical, metric units are shown adjacent to the U.S. customary units in the text. Many formulas are now presented with equivalent metric expressions, and additional metric examples have been added.
- The detailed tables of contents located at the beginning of each section have been expanded and fine-tuned to make finding topics easier and faster.
- The entire text of this edition, including all the tables and equations, has been reset, and a great many of the figures have been redrawn. The page count has increased by nearly 100 pages, to 2,800 pages.
- Updated Standards.
Table of Contents
- Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- Properties, Treatment, and Testing of Materials
- Dimensioning, Gaging, and Measuring
- Tooling and Toolmaking
- Machining Operations
- Manufacturing Processes
- Threads and Threading
- Gears, Splines, and Cams
- Machine Elements
- Measuring Units